JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in Salem and am looking for some advice on where/when to hunt Coyote (within reasonable driving distance). I am thinking there should be some opportunity to hunt Coyote on Willamette National Forest land. All the research I have done online seems to be in Eastern Oregon, which is great, but I only get over there a couple times a year.

Just wondering if anyone out there has any tips for hunting coyotes on the West side of the State.

Thanks

I hunt a little around veneta ore. out side of Eugene, we call around timber areas in the farm land, some is private some is public, you will have to work hard at it since the cover is thick and the coyote can circle you and get your scent before you ever see them. try hunting power line roads, get a good map and find public land around private farm land and call these areas, clear cut areas can produce but you have to know how to set up, and will need a shotgun since the action is close and fast.
good luck keep at it sooner or later you will catch one looking.

We raise sheep and I've had to deal with coyotes in my driveway at 3 am. The neighbors know that if they hear a gunshot at night it's just one less coyote to snatch their cats.

weaver2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads