JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So a couple months ago I picked up a sig p220 carry. I love the gun, it feels great in my hands, and it shoots very nice. Now, I bought the gun for many reasons but the number 1 reason was because everything I read on the p220 was about how accurate it is. The problem Im having is when I shoot it it shoots low. I line up the sights and it shoots low. To hit what Im aiming at I have to line up the top of the rear sight with the bottom of the front sight. Anybody else have this problem?

I am a fairly decent shot. With both my 1911s I can put the bullet right where I want it at 30-40 feet. Now, I understand that a 220 is different than a 1911 but I would think I could do the same with the 220. Am I maybe being too steady with the 220 and maybe I need to loosen up and let the recoil bring the barrel up?

Also, I do like the 220 and will be keeping it. I CC with it so my next question comes to holsters. I dont wear a belt and I like my pants fairly tight. Can anybody recommend a holster? I was looking at the fobus and the blackhawk paddle holsters. If I understand them correctly they go between the pants and your body. Is this correct?

I have not had that issue at all with mine as far as accuracy goes. How are you aligning your sight picture? Dot over the target or target above the front sight?

As for a holster, I carry mine in a Galco Summer Comfort holster. You would have to waer a belt though. I would not carry any holster without a belt. :)

P220Carry3.jpg

Ive tried both. Dot on the target and then the dot below the target. No matter how I aim it it shoots low. Shooting with the dot on the target brings the bullet up more then below but its still off. To hit the target I have to raise the gun so I cant see the target or line up the top of the rear sight and the bottom of the front sight. Maybe I need to limp wrist it a little more?

Ive tried both. Dot on the target and then the dot below the target. No matter how I aim it it shoots low. Shooting with the dot on the target brings the bullet up more then below but its still off. To hit the target I have to raise the gun so I cant see the target or line up the top of the rear sight and the bottom of the front sight. Maybe I need to limp wrist it a little more?

First thing to do is let someone else shoot it. If they have the same issue send it to Sig for repair.

My buddies p229 shot low out of the box, he went through 200 and basically shot the pants off of a Target 50 feet, he gives it to me and I place all 13 of my shots in the torso, I learned sigs really lile you to cover your targets with the front sight, its like you take your target at 12 o clock and move It below 6 o clock.

ATAKAWOW, The sight are the factory night sights. On the rear sight is says "MH3 AL8" and the front sight says "AL MH3". That sound about right?

QXSOUP, I have to completely cover the target so I cant see it too hit it. I have tried the diagram you have posted and it just doesnt seem to hit what Im aiming at. The only way to hit what Im aiming at is the have the front sight dot on top of the rear sight dots. All 3 in a line and it shoots way low.

PLAYBOY, thats kind of my thinking. Have someone else shoot it and then go from there. You want a gun to practice for the weekend? LOL.

SPIDER, I have always shot with the front sight below the target to allow for recoil and on all my other guns I have hit anything I have aimed at. I understand sigs are different than other guns but my old p228 shot perfect.

As with any gun I always "learn" it to get the best results but this just has me stumped. I have thought in my head that maybe its just me and the way I shoot. So thats why I figured Id ask other people. I have thought about adding a adjustable rear sight but the extra money I paid for the night sights has me thinking I am just throwing money out the window. What do you guys think?

ATAKAWOW, The sight are the factory night sights. On the rear sight is says "MH3 AL8" and the front sight says "AL MH3". That sound about right?

QXSOUP, I have to completely cover the target so I cant see it too hit it. I have tried the diagram you have posted and it just doesnt seem to hit what Im aiming at. The only way to hit what Im aiming at is the have the front sight dot on top of the rear sight dots. All 3 in a line and it shoots way low.

PLAYBOY, thats kind of my thinking. Have someone else shoot it and then go from there. You want a gun to practice for the weekend? LOL.

SPIDER, I have always shot with the front sight below the target to allow for recoil and on all my other guns I have hit anything I have aimed at. I understand sigs are different than other guns but my old p228 shot perfect.

As with any gun I always "learn" it to get the best results but this just has me stumped. I have thought in my head that maybe its just me and the way I shoot. So thats why I figured Id ask other people. I have thought about adding a adjustable rear sight but the extra money I paid for the night sights has me thinking I am just throwing money out the window. What do you guys think?

Actually, I should have said "let someone who is a good shot shoot it." If you let me shoot it I would be giving it back claiming the sights were erratic and that they sometimes shot high, sometimes shot low, sometimes show left, and sometimes shot right. :eek:

this is how i aim my sig
and i do vary well with it

if thats a prob tho ask jason (jcweaponry.com) what he can do for you

Thats what Im talking about. Just a little but higher on the front sight and I can hit what Im aiming at.

PLAYBOY, With all those guns I figured you would be a marksman by now! LOL.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top