JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently traveled to the dry side of Oregon to purchase a Darr barreled Rolling Block, and while there I ended up buying a number of other things. Among the things there were some "parts guns" that were Ballard rifles. A couple looked pretty complete, as they were barreled actions. Along with the barreled actions were a lot of associated parts, and appeared there might be enough to put together one or two rifles.
When I got home I was infatuated with the Rolling Block, so didn't spend any time with the other stuff. But today I got time to look things over, and realized that a lot of the parts were matching serial numbers, and when I set them aside it turned out to be a complete Ballard #2 Hunter in .32 Long! The other barreled action was complete minus stocks, and it was a #3 Ballard Gallery model in .22 Long. I dug through my parts and found a forearm that was for a #3, and found a really nice buttstock that was for a straight grip receiver, but cut in pistol grip style. The lever was wrong for this buttstock, and was hitting the wood, but I had a spare custom bent lever, and it fit the pistol grip shape perfectly!
I tossed together the parts for the two rifles, and ended up with two complete, and pretty nifty old 1870's Marlin Ballard rifles! My son in law wanted the #2 in .32 Long, so he's taking it. The custom stocked #3 in .22RF will likely go to the next gun show and get sold. I've got four #3 Ballard rifles, so don't need to keep it; although it is tempting me to keep it also.

I5iwhXRl.jpg
f0X7gq2l.jpg
NwCbdR3l.jpg
g93tpfWl.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show