JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ordered about two weeks ago from a gentleman on E***. And in spite of being advised that they'd be here in mid-June, they turned up today. All I can say is how pleased I am with them - they are £16 CHEAPER that those advertised by a certain well-known supplier here in UK, but they are identical - as he makes them for the supplier. I DO like short-cutting a deal. :)

Here they are fitted in accordance with Queen's Regulations for the Army of May 1858 -

1620395723037.png
Top - Pritchett Volunteer rifle of 1858
Middle - Snider-Enfield of 1862/6 - 44th Battalion of Infantry - Welland & Lincoln County Militia of Ontario, Canada, used by an ancestor in the last Fenian Incursion into Canada by the USA and its proxy patsies, the Fenian Brotherhood.
Bottom - Snider-Enfield of 1862/6 - B Battery Quebec Garrison Artillery short rifle, one of nine on charge.

This device is a Sergeant's bore inspector, brass-made, and used for what the name suggests.
1620395990925.png
To use it, it has the protective brass sleeve removed...
1620396080370.png
...and is inserted into the open breech of the Snider in such a way that the sunlight is reflected up the bore and into the beady and critical eye of the inspecting SNCO.
1620396675447.png
Hopefully, he will be overjoyed at the sight...but maybe not. Barrel inspecting SNCOs have a long history of intense dissatisfaction with their subordinates...
1620396569637.png
Note the five grooves of the short rifle, as opposed to the three grooves of the full-length item.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top