JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Much as I dislike our inefficient USPS...I take full advantage of the priority box shipping.
I bring home a supply of free boxes in all sizes. Then pack whatever I want (legal stuff) in the smallest box it will fit....print the label at home...schedule a pick up on line for my normal mail carrier and put it in the mail box or porch. Puff ... its gone. No trips to a shipping site, no BS questions. Shipped a scope yesterday off the f porch. Hope this helps

Only reason he brought it there was he didn't have the packaging at home.
Much as I dislike our inefficient USPS...I take full advantage of the priority box shipping.
I bring home a supply of free boxes in all sizes.
Yes. I haven't seen too many scopes that won't fit in a USPS flat rate box. Probably cheaper than UPS anyway. Some crumpled newspaper or shopping bags as cushion and you're good to go.

I use UPS to ship guns mostly, but that is at the customer service centers only....they do a nice job. The local UPS franchises...I stay clear of...takes forever, ask to many question, charge too much. but then that's JMHO from experience.

I bring home a supply of free boxes in all sizes. Then pack whatever I want (legal stuff) in the smallest box it will fit....print the label at home...schedule a pick up on line for my normal mail carrier and put it in the mail box or porch. Puff ... its gone. No trips to a shipping site, no BS questions. Shipped a scope yesterday off the f porch. Hope this helps
You can have those same free boxes delivered to your house for free as well.

I have gotten anvils in priority flat rate boxes. And most recently 2 thousand .44 bullets. (Not loaded ammunition, just bullets) I like my postman so I give him a heads up when I ordered something deceptively small and heavy via USPS. It goes a long way to give the heads up.

10 years ago I had a Saiga shotgun with obscured gas ports (par for the course) and needed warranty work. Izmash contracted Cadiz in OH to do the work: they also sent me a label for UPS. Packed it up in a case and took it to a UPS store. Person behind the counter swore up and down they couldn't send guns even to an FFL.

That's when I educated myself and swore off storefront locations. Now I stick to customer service centers, drivers in trucks, or scheduled pickups.

To be clear, was the facility a UPS Store, like at a strip mall, and not a UPS facility? The UPS Store is a franchise with weird rules. UPS picks up packages from The UPS Store.

P

Go to FedEx. Open an account and card, feel very welcome at every single one of them, AND you get a discount on shipping. They don't even freak out about anything. Very professional.

Lol not true. I shipped a rifle from the Tanasbourne last year, and the soy boy at the counter freaked the bubblegum out. Genuine fear and panic in his eyes. I came in with the rifle fully boxed up, not slung over my shoulder or anything. Called the manager, who apoogized and smoothed things over.

My nephew took a scope into his UPS store to have them package it and ship it to me and was told the couldn't ship it because it was a gun part.

Liberal counter person or is there really a rule against this?
Weird...
I had the same problem. Called local P.O. and said no problem. I did package it myself and sent it at my local P.O. I did insure it as requested and was costly.

I just drove to Salem, took my nephew out to lunch and had a great conversation. Overall it turned out to be a good thing. God must have known I needed a road trip, I've been stuck at home a lot lately recovering from a carpal tunnel surgery. Thanks for the thoughts for future shipping deals...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top