JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not certain your anecdotal experience with a local agency would reflect the "average" officer nation-wide. Was that in the state of Washington?

I'm happy to say that my experience was the total opposite of yours, in both Southern California and in Northern Oregon, where I too was a firearms & tactics trainer, following similar military duty during the Vietnam War.

I've been retired from active police work for 16 years, but keep current on training concepts, plus maintaining my certification for nation-wide carry via the LEOSA / HR218. Post retirement, I worked as a contract executive protection officer for a high profile elected politician, with training by other contractors; retired Secret Service and FBI agents.

I've found that officers often reflect society in general and it is very difficult to brand them (us) as thinking alike on any subject.

Perhaps we can agree to disagree on this one. Thank you for your service.

I'll thank you for your service as well. My reference was based on the facts that I have seen. Yes, most of my contact has been with WA State LEOs from the Seattle/King County area and I've found more ignorance of firearms laws than I'd like to admit. And I'll leave it there.

Meanwhile, Arizona updated their state drivers manual to explicitly tell people that are armed how to act when stopped by the police.
<broken link removed>
Arizony's got it goin on. Kinda refreshing to see a state that recognizes constitutional carry and facilitates the practical application of that right. Sounds like they would like to keep both LEOs and the citizenry safe as possible. Or something like that.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top