JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have heard different arguments to this, but I trust you guys more.

I have a G29 I'm bringing to the range on Friday and it still has the copper grease from Glock in the guts of it.

Before I go to the range I usually lube the barrel of my firearms the night before and let it sit for the next day.

Should I pre lube this barrel as well? Should I give it a normal cleaning before?

Note the gun was used when I bought it but only had a mag or two ran through it.

Ive also heard that I shouldn't clean the copper off until it comes off its self?

The military in me makes me clean my fire arms after every session, but I know Glock has its own virtues people like to follow. Any thoughts?

Me?
I'd leave the factory copper grease, I'd put a drop of thick oil or light grease on each of the 4 metal "shoulders" in the frame (that the slide actually slides on), and I'd run a CLP patch down the barrel.
But that's just me

Me?
I'd leave the factory copper grease, I'd put a drop of thick oil or light grease on each of the 4 metal "shoulders" in the frame (that the slide actually slides on), and I'd run a CLP patch down the barrel.
But that's just me

Alright too easy. What about after the range? Should I do a full cleaning? Or just leave the copper be and put my ocd aside?

Leave it. It will eventually disappear on its own via shooting and cleaning.
Just keep lube of some sort on the metal ears.
Some people dab some oil on the outside of the barrel, at the muzzle end, where it interfaces with the slide.
Others might chip in with their suggestions.

i only have ever put oil on the 4 slide rails in the frame and down by the trigger connector. i bought copper antisieze and put it where the factory stuff is.

also i might add, i havent fully stripped or cleaned my glock in over 500 suppressed rounds and EDC. still runs like a champ.

if you are gonna oil it, dont oil near the breach face or striker

i only have ever put oil on the 4 slide rails in the frame and down by the trigger connector. i bought copper antisieze and put it where the factory stuff is.

I was thinking of doing that and buying the grease for use I just didn't know what it was called. Should I use that stuff on only my Glock or could my other handguns benefit from it?

also i might add, i havent fully stripped or cleaned my glock in over 500 suppressed rounds and EDC. still runs like a champ.

if you are gonna oil it, dont oil near the breach face or striker
That is something else I keep reading concerning the breech face and striker channels. Is there a way I'm supposed to clean that eventually? Or do I just rock and Glock it??

I was thinking of doing that and buying the grease for use I just didn't know what it was called. Should I use that stuff on only my Glock or could my other handguns benefit from it?
i think that grease is there to work in the trigger bar/striker plunger bearing surfaces... i ended up doing the "25 cent" trigger job which completely smoothed all the grittiness out of the trigger take up. honestly probably dont need the copper grease anymore after doing that but i still run it.

funny thing is, i replaced an oxygen sensor on a car and in the packaging was a little tube of copper anti sieze... thats what i use.

any auto parts store should have copper anti sieze.

That is something else I keep reading concerning the breech face and striker channels. Is there a way I'm supposed to clean that eventually? Or do I just rock and Glock it??
you want to avoid oil getting into the striker tunnel in the slide, it could gunk up with debris and cause problems. that goes for just about any semi auto pistol IMO.

my glock is probably bone dry with a bunch of carbon build up from my suppressor. still runs perfect.

Noted. What about with my other handguns is there a time when I should either bring it in to an armory for complete disassemble and clean for that striker channel or is there another option.

up to you man, its good to be responsible with your weapons and keep them in tip top shape. also, there is lots of info around for you to be able to disassemble yourself...:D.

glocks are WAAAAAY easy to completely strip down.

just remember, its not a bad thing to clean a gun everytime you shoot it. in fact, thats how i was raised but have been slackin a little bit.

Roger that. I've seen they are super easy to strip down I guess I'm just used to not completely stripping down striker channels in things like my Xd and such. I guess I get a bit paranoid about something aimed at my crotch while I'm sitting. At least if the gunsmith does it I can blame him when I blow my balls off haha.

LOL!!!

You should give your nards a good coat of copper anti-seize! :D

it's the only paranoia I have over completely disassembling my handguns. I don't trust you tube whole heartedly in addition to my ability to miss a step and have my striker shoot a 10mm into my scrotum for some reason. I'm not down haha

So there "grease" is actually a locktite? I always assumed locktite was a adhesive not a "lubricant" although I am only familiar with the blue and red locktite

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top