JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The cop was trigger happy and undertrained. Look a the video, he shot a guy who didn't move anything more htan his head. He deserves to go to prison for 25 years at least for what he did. God save that cop had he done that to someone I loved. If the guy threatened the cop, insulted the cop made fast and sketchy movements, I would understand, but this cop just blasted a guy because he was pumped full of adrenaline and not following proper police protocol. I know its hard to be a cop, but if you are not willing to risk your life and you just go and blast any person who you think is threatening, you are a greater threat than those potential criminals. If you look at many police shootings, you will see the suspects posed a significant threat to the police officer before they were shot. This man had no time to comply or even hear any order, he simply looked over his shoulder after riding on a loud motorcycle and was shot in the back. Why should the officer have been so close to him anyway? There are risks in life, you don't just shoot someone because you think they can potentially become a risk.

The guy also was let to suffer slow and painful as the pipe from the motorcycle burned a hole in his already paralyzed leg. THis is horrific!

Being a police officer doesn't give you a free ride to shoot someone. What would people think here if some scared convenience store clerk in Los Angeles just pulls out a shotgun on some suspicious looking person at the counter and kills him, because he is afraid he may be robbed? These shootings are known to happen and those people end up in jail for at least 20 or 30 years. This police officer was above the law and it cost a man his life.

<broken link removed>

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/Wash-Sheriff-Expresses-Disgust-for-Deputys-Acts/1$52359

Another guilty cop and why I have lost trust in all of them. The next one I come in contact with might be another bad one. My trust in them is gone.

officer.com Top-News-Stories/Wash-Sheriff-Expresses-Disgust-for-Deputys-Acts

Officer.com Home > Top News Stories

Wash. Sheriff Expresses 'Disgust' for Deputy's Acts

Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Updated: May 18th, 2010 03:41 AM GMT-05:00

Story by kirotv.com

TACOMA, Wash. --

Pierce County Sheriff Paul Pastor said he feels contempt for the deputy who killed his parents-in-law and then himself, a man who Pastor said "wore a badge and protected people but then stepped over the line and went from a protector to being a criminal."

Pastor told reporters what happened Friday night was not a tragedy but that "these were murders, and that's a terrible, awful thing."

"My thought and prayers go out to his family for their losses," wrote Pastor in an e-mail issued to the Sheriff's Department staff on Saturday after police said Deputy Allen Myron fatally shot his in-laws and then turned the gun on himself at his Gig Harbor home.

"But I have nothing but disgust and contempt for these acts of murder," Pastor continued.

Complete E-mail From Sheriff To Staff

"Allen Myron chose to commit a malicious selfish act. He made a choice to commit murder. And in doing so, he damaged his family, his colleagues, the department and the entire community," Pastor wrote in the e-mail released on Monday.

Pastor said Tacoma police are conducting a homicide investigation but that even when it's complete, "there are probably some things that will never be known."

Meanwhile, detectives from the Tacoma Police Department released a few more details on Monday about what happened.

A neighbor said that about 6:45 p.m. Friday, she heard Myron's 15-year-old daughter yelling and then the sound of gunshots.

According to Tacoma police, Myron was arguing with his father-in-law when he shot Monty Multanen, and then shot his mother-in-law, Sue Multanen.

Police said Monty Multanen was shot twice in the home's driveway, then Myron pulled the man's body into the garage.

Myron then shot his mother-in-law, officers said. She was able to make it to a neighbor’s yard. The neighbor called 911 to report that there was a woman in his backyard who had a gunshot wound to her chest, police said.

She told the neighbor that she had been shot and that her husband needed help, police said.

Police were then dispatched to Myron’s home at 6:47 p.m.

Monty Multanen, 70, died at the scene. His 68-year-old wife was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center but later died from her injuries.

Detectives said Myron apparently began trying to cover up or destroy evidence minutes after shooting Monty Multanen.

Pierce County sheriff's deputies tried to convince the 49-year-old fellow deputy to give up the more than a dozen weapons he had inside the home and surrender. Myron had a police radio and Tacoma police said they have evidence Myron communicated with fellow deputies by radio as they tried to negotiate his surrender during a Friday night standoff.

Investigators also said it was difficult for the SWAT team to move in because Myron had the police radio and was monitoring their frequency.

"He did have his portable radio on, and there was some communication. But we're still in the process of following up on that because we'll have to get the CAD information before we can determine what was said," said Tacoma Police Detective Gretchen Aguirre. CAD stands for computer aided-dispatch, which is used to send out emergency services and also is used to store, retrieve or send messages.

During negotiations, the Pierce County Sheriff's Department SWAT team set up a perimeter around the house, and around 9:45 p.m., a muffled gunshot was heard from inside the residence, police said.

The Tacoma Police SWAT team was called out to assist and after repeated attempts to contact Myron, they entered the home.

Around 1:30 a.m., Myron was found dead in an upstairs bedroom from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, police said. He had four guns on or around him, police said.

Additional firearms were found throughout the residence.

Myron’s 15-year-old daughter and her male friend were in the house when Myron shot his in-laws, but he told the teens to go to the basement, and at some point, they were allowed to leave unharmed, police said.

Myron's wife, Sara, was not home at the time of the shootings.

Police have not yet interviewed Myron's daughter.

"We have yet at this point to interview the deputy's daughter. She is so traumatized by the event she hasn't been able to speak to us," said Aguirre.

A neighbor told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Alison Grande the shooting was not a complete surprise because she heard fighting before, and said four or five years ago she had called 911 about the family. The neighbor said in that case, she was surprised the Sheriff's Department did not send a patrol car, but instead someone called Myron's home and the dispute was resolved over the phone.

The motive for Myron's attack on his in-laws remains a mystery.

Think you need to start your own thread Father of four. Anyway, for the guy that called us all stupid for calling for the cops a$$ on this. Here's a big helping of crow for ya. :nuts:

How many of you watched the video? He didn't even completely turn around, he glanced over his shoulder and BANG, he was shot.

He didn't even have the time to be uncooperative.

Exactly. Even if the motorcyclist was making a motion for a gun, he had his back completely turned to the officer, and would not have been able to get off a remotely reasonable shot at the officer with his right hand. The cop had a gun trained on the victim, and only a click away from what transpired. The motorcylist didn't have a chance and, if you watch the video, could not have made any less agressive action toward the cop.... ex-cop!

I've been thinking about this. The cop was a part-timer. Is it possible he just had poor trigger control and accidentally shot the guy, then made up the story about suspecting the guy was going for a gun in order to justify the shooting? If that were the case, I bet if he had immediately realized his mistake, assisted the biker to the best of his ability and openly admitted his mistake in court, he would probably not be going to jail right now. At worst, he would have lost his job, probably got sued for every penny he has and wound up as an office worker somewhere for the rest of his life, but that's better than purjoring yourself in court to save your sorry butt.

Keith

I've been thinking about this. The cop was a part-timer. Is it possible he just had poor trigger control and accidentally shot the guy, then made up the story about suspecting the guy was going for a gun to justify his shooting? If that were the case, I bet if he had immediately realized his mistake, assisted the biker to the best of his ability and admitted his mistake in court, he would probably not be going to jail right now. At worst, he would have lost his job, probably got sued and be an office worker somewhere for the rest of his life, but thats better than purjoring yourself to save your sorry butt.

Keith

Probably had his finger on the trigger and when the biker moved . . . . Sad all the way around.

The correct outcome will be issued if he is executed for first degree attempted murder. Any of us non badge wearers would be if we shot a cop this way

At the very least we would spend our remaining years behind bars being tortured as a "cop killer", Think about it..

If a non cop did this to an innocent cop I would also support the death penalty

I am prety sure that attempted murder doesn't carry a death penalty anywhere in the USA. I do think he should face the same criminal justice that you or I would if we had shot an unarmed man in the back though.

I am prety sure that attempted murder doesn't carry a death penalty anywhere in the USA. I do think he should face the same criminal justice that you or I would if we had shot an unarmed man in the back though.

I am aware of that.. I am suggesting that it should

Why reward an incompetent would be murderer?

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you meant that police should face harsher penalties than civilians for the same crime.

I specifically stated that the penalty should be the same.. justice is supposed to be blind in this regard, trouble is, it no longer is blind

Personally I am on the fence about the death penalty for attempted murder. I am a big proponent of making a punishment fit the crime. So I have no problem with the death penalty for taking another human life, or for child molesters since they are pretty much destroying the life of the children they abuse. I think that proving intent for attempted murder gets kind of sketchy though. Did he intend to kill, vs did he intend to injure? In my mind "attempted murder" is just an assault charge with possibly harsher penalty since short of a confession we can't really prove that a murder attempt wasn't just an assault intended to injure rather than kill. If it could be proved that someone was indeed trying to kill another person and failed, I would not have a problem with the death penalty. Proving it would be near impossible in most cases though.

Personally I am on the fence about the death penalty for attempted murder. I am a big proponent of making a punishment fit the crime. So I have no problem with the death penalty for taking another human life, or for child molesters since they are pretty much destroying the life of the children they abuse. I think that proving intent for attempted murder gets kind of sketchy though. Did he intend to kill, vs did he intend to injure? In my mind "attempted murder" is just an assault charge with possibly harsher penalty since short of a confession we can't really prove that a murder attempt wasn't just an assault intended to injure rather than kill. If it could be proved that someone was indeed trying to kill another person and failed, I would not have a problem with the death penalty. Proving it would be near impossible in most cases though.

If you fire a weapon at someone or stab someone without legal cause (self defense) you are attempting to murder them. Case closed. I do not believe we need to get inside someone's brain since intent is, IMO, irrelevant

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top