JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's virtue signaling in an attempt to win favor for the next election. You should absolutely be pissed off that the GOP doesn't put the bills into action when they have power.

The same tactic that got AOC a seat needs to be employed across the board: oust incumbents in the primaries. By all means, keep voting GOP if that's your fancy...but we all need to let our politicians know that they've got one shot during a power session to get it right and if they don't, they're gone.

The GOP had both houses and the presidency and what did we get? Bump stock bans? Uh huh...time for them all to go, starting with Mitch.

I take it you really do know, and like me just don't like it. ALL law makers only fear one thing, loss of power. It's normally all but impossible to tell what they really think about anything. Since they will say and do whatever it takes to get and keep that job. Even the left will suddenly vote like a far right person if they think it is the only thing that will let them win. John McCain was a recent prime example of that. Every 6 years he suddenly sounded VERY conservative, until he won again. All we can do is keep pressure on at every election. Too many do not bother sadly.

It's virtue signaling in an attempt to win favor for the next election. You should absolutely be pissed off that the GOP doesn't put the bills into action when they have power.

The same tactic that got AOC a seat needs to be employed across the board: oust incumbents in the primaries. By all means, keep voting GOP if that's your fancy...but we all need to let our politicians know that they've got one shot during a power session to get it right and if they don't, they're gone.

The GOP had both houses and the presidency and what did we get? Bump stock bans? Uh huh...time for them all to go, starting with Mitch.
There's only one party to vote for, and that's the Anti-Incumbent Party.

^^^Exactly THIS^^^
Being a minority R is a pretty sweet gig. It's where too many of these people prefer to be.

All ya gotta do is be appropriately outraged and publicly against whatever goofy (sometimes disastrous) thing the Ds are doing and get yourself on record as such. Then, you get to say, "We tried. We really fought against this goofy (or disastrous) thing but the Ds are just too powerful... send money!" when reelection time comes.

They're afraid of the Ds. They're afraid of the press. They're afraid they won't be invited to the right cocktail parties. Fear of the voters only shows up in the silly season.

Do they think we don't see it? That we'll forget?

Actually... they're counting on it.

Thank you, Sen. Cornyn (R-TX). Keep this up, really. But why do these bills only come from the GOP when they are in the MINORITY? Really bugs me.

Am I wrong? Should I simply be happy for the crumbs?

Coryn introduced this nonsense because he started getting a lot of flak over a statement he made to the Dems talking about finding "common ground" for gun control. Coryn is a POS RINO that has only slithered into re-election because people here in Texas figure a bad republican is better than a democrat, even if they're pretty much ideologically the same.

Be leery of Coryn's bill, he's offered to serve up the names of every LTC / CHL holder to the feds before as part of this reciprocity bill

Coryn introduced this nonsense because he started getting a lot of flak over a statement he made to the Dems talking about finding "common ground" for gun control. Coryn is a POS RINO that has only slithered into re-election because people here in Texas figure a bad republican is better than a democrat, even if they're pretty much ideologically the same.

Be leery of Coryn's bill, he's offered to serve up the names of every LTC / CHL holder to the feds before as part of this reciprocity bill
Some who have been around a while should remember Ruger Sr, when he had to make a 1 million $ donation to the NRA because he let the mask slip and admitted he was NOT pro the people owning some of the guns he made. I always liked his guns, VERY much disliked his attitude about 2A. It was why I was shocked when the Co started making stuff that he would never have allowed until I found out it was not his death. It was that the family was bought out and no longer had any say. Sadly a lot of law makers leave a bad taste in many freedom loving people's mouth. Worse is so many of them then will not vote at all or toss their vote. Which just makes things worse for us :(

Thank you, Sen. Cornyn (R-TX). Keep this up, really. But why do these bills only come from the GOP when they are in the MINORITY? Really bugs me.

Am I wrong? Should I simply be happy for the crumbs?

Don't you remember H.R. 38? It passed the house in 2017 but wasn't taken up by the Senate when Republicans held both chambers.

Purely symbolic gesture. Ultimately, almost less than meaningless.

The wonderful folks of New York, Illinois, Hawaii, Massachusetts and New Jersey have already howled to the moon and the stars that no good citizen from another state shall ever be allowed to carry a firearm in their states.

I'm not even sure this is a federal issue, but more about the rights of individual states to pass laws. I'm afraid this smells like pandering. Wish that wasn't the case, but it sure seems like it.

California isn't allowed to forbid drivers from Texas. And driving isn't a Constitutional right. Why should any state not be forced by federal law to accept the CHL of another state? @PiratePast40 Should states be allowed to pick and choose which drivers licenses they'll recognize? That would be a states' rights position, it seems that you are arguing?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads