JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As ZA said - no metal detectors, and no crime is committed unless you refuse to leave if asked. Also - the Oregon Zoo is public property, and it is NOT part of the official list of places you cannot carry. If you have a CHL, you're good to go on that front.

I carry there when we go. Think about it - the zoo is a literal zoo as well as the metaphorical kind - think about it, hundreds if not thousands of visitors a day from all walks of life, including criminal. It's a confined area with walls and gates - meaning limited points of escape in case something bad happens. It's a good target for crazy and criminal behavior.

I would NOT leave a gun in the car there either, despite security, cars get broken into, and with the mass of people in and out, it's easy enough for a quick theif to go unnoticed PLUS they have fast, easy escape on the Crime Train AKA MAX light rail that makes a stop right there. If you don't want to carry in the zoo, I'd forego carrying at all on that trip before I risk leaving my gun unattended in the car, lock box or not. There's not a pistol lock box made that cannot be busted up with a hammer and chisel.

Looks like you already have your answer. But I'll give you my 2 cents anyways. I have a yearly membership and I never go without my firearm. As long as it's fully concealed, you should be good. If for some reason they see it and ask you to leave. Just leave.

"Better to have and not need, than to need and not have."

~ Dad ~

791AF910-BCF2-4EFC-AE3C-493E187961F6.jpeg

If I were inclined to visit a cool ZOO and they are cool to visit, I would always be armed with the big boy .45 Super with 65 rounds. Like already said better what if some dangerous animal gets loose? I mean elephants and Orcas and stuff.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews