JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I thank you and everyone else again for the info. Komrad, I do hope you and Biggie can settle your disputes and become friends again. I am sure both of you contribute a lot to this site. We should all be brothers here. I do understand people have their issues and differences.

I think if I do take those non-credit courses, looking into language courses, etc.. I will carry. No, I will not wear my NRA t-shirt and Smith & Wesson hat to class with me.

I hope so too 4Freedom. Not that I haven't tried. Regardless, i just don't take kind to people calling me immature or a moron in a public forum. It isnt happening just on this site and with such un-colorful language. So no worries. Anyways, what languages were you planning on taking? I am taking Russian, since it is my minor.

I'm sure you meant it but to be clear, open carry is OK on a "public building" if you have a CHL, but not if you don't. ORS 166.370; Posession of a weapon in a public building...states exemption to those with a CHL. It does not list an exemption if you are merely carrying openly and don't have a CHL.

LOL. When I said "YOU" I was speaking directly to 4Freedom and to those who have CHL's, as I assumed that he has a CHL by his first post and he was asking about the policies for someone who does have a CHL. But yes, you are correct. Open Carry is only ok in a "public building" if you a CHL.

I provided information based on what was said to me by the first party. If "komrad" likes to make up BS stories and tell his "friends" that's his problem. I do wish I was never an influence on the guy because prior to me drilling him to get his CHL he used to open carry like a idiot acting like he knew all the laws. It is very clear to me that "Komrad" has some issues so I'd think twice about taking advice from him. This guy has a lot of growing up to do so just be aware, just because he has two years of criminal justice behind him, he thinks he is a cop (wanna be). I'm all for open carry but not at certain places like a school. Yeah you can but why cause alert and stand out? I've attracted attention before in the past and it's just not worth it..... dealing with idiot gun ignorant people just isn't my definition of fun. :s0155:

You can carry concealed or open at PCC.
I am a fulltime student there and do so both ways depending on the what i'm wearing with no issues as of yet.
http://www.pcc.edu/about/policy/student-rights/student-rights.pdf#code-of-student-conduct

Im looking through this thread to find the ORS that states its OK to open carry in public building with CCW. I assume "IN" as apposed to "on" property is an important clarification? Did I miss it or can someone post it? Thanks.

Im looking through this thread to find the ORS that states its OK to open carry in public building with CCW. I assume "IN" as apposed to "on" property is an important clarification? Did I miss it or can someone post it? Thanks.

Here you go Joe. It is ORS 166.370
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/bills_laws/ors/ors166.html

Biggie, 2 things:

1. I never said I was sent to the office. You haven't gone past your GED, so I don't expect you to know this, but in college, they don't "send you to the office". Just FYI.

2. I've told you before, if you have an issue with me, talk to me about it, instead of getting online and talking trash. Not very mature of you to get online and talk trash, especially since you can't back it up.

Komrad: thanks for the reference, as I read, do I understand that OC with CCW is allowed because the means of carry (open or concealed) is not spelled out?

I think if they want to make it a gun free zone they need to provide armed guards.....but they won't ....

Actually, there are talks that if Derrick Foxworth, former chief of Portland Police, and current Public Safety Lieutenant, takes over the Director of Public Safety position that Ken Goodwin currently holds, that he will push for Armed officers. IIRC the only community college (or any college in oregon, i think)that has armed officers is Clackamas Community College.

Komrad: thanks for the reference, as I read, do I understand that OC with CCW is allowed because the means of carry (open or concealed) is not spelled out?

They are both allowed because the statute says it does not apply to anyone who has a CHL. The issue discussed in the statute is not about the means of carry, it is about just plainly being in possession of a firearm in a public building. And since it exempts anyone who is licensed for concealed carry, it is irrelevant to us.

A few years back when I got my CHL (expired and got a new one) the lady at the Washington Co. CC office said that with a CCW/CHL you are allowed to OC. If you read the oregon law about OC..... you will find that police, military, armed security etc. and people with CCW/CHL CAN open carry. Private property is a different story..... if you are caught OCing you can be asked to leave and you have to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top