JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The guy who got the arrow fell over big time and it looked pretty bad.
Unfortunately that did not stop the rioters and before he could get another arrow notched they rushed him and from what the video looked like beat him almost to death and then burned his car.
Great argument for those "high capacity" 30 round magazines!

Self defense means many things....
Which may or may not include taking up Arms and a defensive or offensive posture.

Defend yourself...but defend yourself smartly.
Do not get caught in the trap of :
I have a weapon , so I must use it.
A weapon should only be part of a self defense plan.
Its kinda like that old saying...If all you have is a hammer , then every problem looks like a nail.

One needs to not only think and plan of what you want to have happen...
But also of what will happen.

Please note that I am not saying that one should be unarmed or not to defend oneself...
I am saying that if you need to do so...
Do so , in such a way that maximizes your strengths and still gives you options.

As a side note...
Many folks consider bows , knives , swords and even muzzle loading firearms as :
Relics...
Ineffective...
Toys...
And the like...
Therefore if you have to use one for self defense....the attitude of the attacker may be one of disdain for your weapon in hand , which in turn may limit the options for a positive outcome.

And again...Please note :
That I am not saying that I consider Bows , Knives , muzzle loaders and the like as ineffective or not to be taken seriously ...but that others might.
To use one of the above will require a different "tactical" mindset and posture.
Andy

The OP and "samurai jack" are a clear case of "wrong tool, even 'wronger' application"..... :rolleyes:

A pal of mine in AB puts a five-blade broadhead clean through a whitetail with his 80# 'made-in-Oregon bow. He has also taken a handful of mooses/meese over the years with that same set-up, so it's hardly surprising that fella-me-lad feels a trifle discommoded having taken such a narra.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get people trying to protect corporate stores from looters. First of all, every one of those places has plenty of insurance which is why they don't have private armed security there—they're just going to get paid after their claim. Second, it's not like you're keeping a mom'n'pop business afloat, which I could totally see. I don't think I'd be standing with my AR to defend my neighborhood corner store, but I'd do that 100 times over before I went to some corporate downtown and risked my life so a Subway's windows didn't get broken and let that yeasty air out into the night.

If I had a little shop on the street and my family lived above it, sure, I'd welcome the help in keeping my family safe. But to go out swinging a sword around alone seems a little loco to me.
you know I know.. but.. here's how it goes. The insurance bean counters at month end close report "hey, we have heavy losses due to riot payouts." The insurance company big cheeses respond "raise rates on all policy holders to pay for it", and then, "hey, when is our tee time?".

you know I know.. but.. here's how it goes. The insurance bean counters at month end close report "hey, we have heavy losses due to riot payouts." The insurance company big cheeses respond "raise rates on all policy holders to pay for it", and then, "hey, when is our tee time?".

There might also be exclusions for civil insurrection.

That's nothing - I saw in a live feed yesterday afternoon a guy in a wheel chair attempting to smash a window on a building in one of the cities!
Wow... I guess if it's the biggest "civil disobedience" or "response to tyranny riot" of your lifetime, then everybody wants to get in on the action... o_Oo_Oo_O

The OP and "samurai jack" are a clear case of "wrong tool, even 'wronger' application"..... :rolleyes:

I never said i would've done the same. a bow in a riot situation is not adequate protection.
The first video I saw of this it did look like he got one shot off before they bum rushed him, but wasn't as clear as the one posted above.
I wouldn't have gotten outta the car to begin with unless absolutely forced to do so.

I never said i would've done the same. a bow in a riot situation is not adequate protection.
The first video I saw of this it did look like he got one shot off before they bum rushed him, but wasn't as clear as the one posted above.
I wouldn't have gotten outta the car to begin with unless absolutely forced to do so.

Sorry, was referring to the guy with the bow (not you)... ;):s0140:

With Robin Hood -- setting aside whether he should have stayed in his car which is obvious -- a weapon inappropriate for the situation can actually be worse than no weapon at all. If he had been just standing there empty handed, the chance that he would have gotten pummeled was much smaller than by standing there and making himself look dangerous to at least one of the tens of people around him. By making himself appear potentially somewhat dangerous, he drew their attention, gave them a focus for rage, and suffered beatdown.

White jeans are allowed. It is after Memorial day...
Fancy rules for fancy people. My jeans are blue or black. My slacks are grey, black, or navy. Keeps things easy for me.

(And none of them are skinny. I grew up in the jnco gen...I don't understand the want for skinny jeans. I sure do love them on my wife, though.)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR