JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I Was just flicking through the different news about the riots going on and there was a guy in Saltlake city who the rioters blocked in and wouldn't let him move And we're going to damage his car so he stepped out with a compound bow and shot one of them.

The guy who got the arrow fell over big time and it looked pretty bad.
Unfortunately that did not stop the rioters and before he could get another arrow notched they rushed him and from what the video looked like beat him almost to death and then burned his car.

Just another reason why I EDC. I think if he had a gun things would've been more in his favor but hard to tell with an angry mob bent on killing you. They are even screaming to stomp his head in beat that mfer to death.

So the guy got out of his car with a compound bow, nocked an arrow and shot someone? Then bystanders swarmed him?

Unless someone was with threatening him with imminant death or extreme bodily harm, it sounds like he took the ride he bought the ticket for.

In other news of idiocy, some dude tried to protect a store with a sword and is now hospitalized after taking a severe beating (again, zero context shakey video):

EDIT: This video has more context, it appears the sword wielding guy was being stoned first:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get people trying to protect corporate stores from looters. First of all, every one of those places has plenty of insurance which is why they don't have private armed security there—they're just going to get paid after their claim. Second, it's not like you're keeping a mom'n'pop business afloat, which I could totally see. I don't think I'd be standing with my AR to defend my neighborhood corner store, but I'd do that 100 times over before I went to some corporate downtown and risked my life so a Subway's windows didn't get broken and let that yeasty air out into the night.

If I had a little shop on the street and my family lived above it, sure, I'd welcome the help in keeping my family safe. But to go out swinging a sword around alone seems a little loco to me.

Dumb move by Hawkeye Senior.
If he was that frightened for his life, he would have been better off plowing into them with his car.
. Go through or over them and then get to police or sheriff to turn yourself in

Screw all that....but of belt loop holders without out a bull around. This sucks..bs.bs..jumpin people..
Dump em all in a hole.
No good...
I dont mob americans....take my public lobotomy beating.
No wrong there.
Yeah right this STINKS.
UNRELIABLE UNALIENABLE

WE HAVE TO GIVE VALUE TO ALL..
WALK THE WALK OR LIE TO OUR CHILDREN ABOUT AMERICA AND EQUALLITY..
NOTHING IS LEFT ALL DIVIDED AND REASONED AWAY.
BULLbubblegum..
I AM TIRED OF AMERICANS DYING AT THE PLEADING HANDS OF PEACE OFFICERS YEAH.
BUT THAT IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF OUR DISCONNECT...
CATEGORIZED IT...
WHO IS BEFORE THAT FILE AND AFTER IT..
GET IT....EQUALLS READY TO COLLABORATE AND COMPRIMISE TO TRY AND SAVE OUR GREATEST RESOURCE.
OUR CHILDRENS FUTURE.
MY SON KNOWS AT 12 WHAT HE MUST DO ...COURAGE IS A bubblegum AT ANY AGE...HE DOES IT THOUGH NOT BECAUSE HE WANTS TO HE HAS TO..
WATCH THAT POOR INTOXICATED/OXYGEN DEPRIVED AMERICAN BROUGHT RAGE
THE FIRES TEARS...
LOOTING AND PILLAGING ...
DESTROYING WHAT THEY PRETEND IS LEFT OF THE DOLLAR.
AS A KID I WANTED TO RIDE ON THE KINDA TRASH THAT DID REG. DENNEY...
CANNOT KEEP PICKING LESSER EVIL..THATS NOT A CHOICE.
STAND UP AS AMERICANS AND ADMIT WE ARE SICK...
SINCE CREDIT/CREDIT CARDS INTRO...THATS BEFORE MY TIME BUT MY ESTIMATION THAT WAS THE BLOOD IN MOMENT FOR US 40 SOMETHING FUTURES.
HOPE THAT KITCHEN SET WAS WORTH TODAY.
SORRY:s0149::s0149:

Well!

All I can say from personal experience is that a bow and arrow are a very effective weapon toward killing something in the 150-2000lb range if the projectile is delivered in the proper region.

If that is what you have when they come, they will die.

Screw all that....but of belt loop holders without out a bull around. This sucks..bs.bs..jumpin people..
Dump em all in a hole.
No good...
I dont mob americans....take my public lobotomy beating.
No wrong there.
Yeah right this STINKS.
UNRELIABLE UNALIENABLE

WE HAVE TO GIVE VALUE TO ALL..
WALK THE WALK OR LIE TO OUR CHILDREN ABOUT AMERICA AND EQUALLITY..
NOTHING IS LEFT ALL DIVIDED AND REASONED AWAY.
BULLbubblegum..
I AM TIRED OF AMERICANS DYING AT THE PLEADING HANDS OF PEACE OFFICERS YEAH.
BUT THAT IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF OUR DISCONNECT...
CATEGORIZED IT...
WHO IS BEFORE THAT FILE AND AFTER IT..
GET IT....EQUALLS READY TO COLLABORATE AND COMPRIMISE TO TRY AND SAVE OUR GREATEST RESOURCE.
OUR CHILDRENS FUTURE.
MY SON KNOWS AT 12 WHAT HE MUST DO ...COURAGE IS A bubblegum AT ANY AGE...HE DOES IT THOUGH NOT BECAUSE HE WANTS TO HE HAS TO..
WATCH THAT POOR INTOXICATED/OXYGEN DEPRIVED AMERICAN BROUGHT RAGE
THE FIRES TEARS...
LOOTING AND PILLAGING ...
DESTROYING WHAT THEY PRETEND IS LEFT OF THE DOLLAR.
AS A KID I WANTED TO RIDE ON THE KINDA TRASH THAT DID REG. DENNEY...
CANNOT KEEP PICKING LESSER EVIL..THATS NOT A CHOICE.
STAND UP AS AMERICANS AND ADMIT WE ARE SICK...
SINCE CREDIT/CREDIT CARDS INTRO...THATS BEFORE MY TIME BUT MY ESTIMATION THAT WAS THE BLOOD IN MOMENT FOR US 40 SOMETHING FUTURES.
HOPE THAT KITCHEN SET WAS WORTH TODAY.
SORRY:s0149::s0149:
:s0153: I think you need some sleep.

Self defense means many things....
Which may or may not include taking up Arms and a defensive or offensive posture.

Defend yourself...but defend yourself smartly.
Do not get caught in the trap of :
I have a weapon , so I must use it.
A weapon should only be part of a self defense plan.
Its kinda like that old saying...If all you have is a hammer , then every problem looks like a nail.

One needs to not only think and plan of what you want to have happen...
But also of what will happen.

Please note that I am not saying that one should be unarmed or not to defend oneself...
I am saying that if you need to do so...
Do so , in such a way that maximizes your strengths and still gives you options.

As a side note...
Many folks consider bows , knives , swords and even muzzle loading firearms as :
Relics...
Ineffective...
Toys...
And the like...
Therefore if you have to use one for self defense....the attitude of the attacker may be one of disdain for your weapon in hand , which in turn may limit the options for a positive outcome.

And again...Please note :
That I am not saying that I consider Bows , Knives , muzzle loaders and the like as ineffective or not to be taken seriously ...but that others might.
To use one of the above will require a different "tactical" mindset and posture.
Andy

Well!

All I can say from personal experience is that a bow and arrow are a very effective weapon toward killing something in the 150-2000lb range if the projectile is delivered in the proper region.

If that is what you have when they come, they will die.

Yup. Worked at Crécy, Agincourt and Poitiers....and many others, too. Lot of Frenchmen got the point, so to speak, on those occasions.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews