JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
78th and Shuler.

All too common a story these days:

"Christopher was barely out of prison for a month -- released April 28 after serving a sentence for a 2018 burglary conviction -- when he was arrested this week. He has 17 felony convictions, seven misdemeanor convictions and 12 parole violations in Oregon and Washington, according to court records. He admitted to court officials that he uses methamphetamine and marijuana daily."

Proven track record of being an addict and criminal.
Yet there are folks who claim he has the right to continue his lifestyle and is only harming himself. While i dont care what he does to himself the lengthy record of felony convictions proves he isnt only harming himself. That is where i draw the line of liberty and freedom to do as one chooses.

Put him in rehab for 2 years. Then straight to a labor camp. Let him spend the next decade on a work crew fixing roads, bridges, and other heavy labor jobs. Blood test him every week for that 12 year stint. If he comes up dirty, put him in solitary for the rest of his life.
It is well past time to stop treating these folks with kindness.

Proven track record of being an addict and criminal.
Yet there are folks who claim he has the right to continue his lifestyle and is only harming himself. While i dont care what he does to himself the lengthy record of felony convictions proves he isnt only harming himself. That is where i draw the line of liberty and freedom to do as one chooses.

Put him in rehab for 2 years. Then straight to a labor camp. Let him spend the next decade on a work crew fixing roads, bridges, and other heavy labor jobs. Blood test him every week for that 12 year stint. If he comes up dirty, put him in solitary for the rest of his life.
It is well past time to stop treating these folks with kindness.
My problem is with who determines that he needs mental help. Look at who decides what is misinformation these days. I'm not saying don't do anything - just that we need to be very careful to look at the objective vs the subjective.

My problem is with who determines that he needs mental help. Look at who decides what is misinformation these days. I'm not saying don't do anything - just that we need to be very careful to look at the objective vs the subjective.

To be frank, the person in this example is beyond mental help. He'd be better served as well as society if he was removed completely.
However because i am a bleeding heart i figure he can think about his really poor life choices over some life changing programming in rehab and then in a labor camp learning employable life skills.

Look around at some of these camps. I have seen some hillsides around town that have been dug out flat to establish a camp to sit and shoot heroin all day.
That kind of skill, ingenuity, and fortitude is employable for good wages. Except people have bad habits.

I dont have the answers but i do know what we have been doing aint working. And it shows, big time.

Well said! Check out this guy who acts one way when police are not around but acts crazy at other times and keeps getting cases dismissed due to that.

excerpts from article:

4AED899B-0D60-43A2-8633-A5DD7A1484A6.jpeg
AC397926-A68A-41FC-BA09-2901EAE24C39.jpeg
67DD6ED4-1C2E-401E-8821-DB704D590D55.jpeg

To be frank, the person in this example is beyond mental help. He'd be better served as well as society if he was removed completely.
However because i am a bleeding heart i figure he can think about his really poor life choices over some life changing programming in rehab and then in a labor camp learning employable life skills.

Look around at some of these camps. I have seen some hillsides around town that have been dug out flat to establish a camp to sit and shoot heroin all day.
That kind of skill, ingenuity, and fortitude is employable for good wages. Except people have bad habits.

I dont have the answers but i do know what we have been doing aint working. And it shows, big time.
I'm fully in favor of second chances and even occasionally third chances, but in the immortal words of GWB, "fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Maybe so, before he became a murderer. Does murder deserve harsher punishment? Or do you give him a second chance to kill?

Would the answer be to do the opposite of what we are doing now?

Well said! Check out this guy who acts one way when police are not around but acts crazy at other times and keeps getting cases dismissed due to that.

excerpts from article:

View attachment 1036596
View attachment 1036597
View attachment 1036598
I'll show you a "traumatic brain injury", try crapping in colostomy bag and eating through a straw for a while.

This is the kind of crapola that encouraged the influx of "Visit & Stayers" from the East Coast and that place South of us.
Thank you Oregon Department of Tourism, Portland Development Commissission. :mad:

Twenty Oregon jobs moving to Southwest Washington
Portland city leaders have chosen the non-tax paying homeless

Portland city leaders have chosen the non-tax paying homeless

Their virtue signaling will be the demise of this city.

I moved to Portland over 20 years ago. It was clean. Jobs were plentiful. Cost of living was cheap relative to Seattle. Housing costs were way cheap(renter at that point). Even public transportation was cheap, i think it was 55 cents to use the bus. Close to all my favorite recreational activities. Lots of great things.

The city should now be called Potlandistan. The only thing that remains is the recreational activities which i leave the city for.
In place of all the wonderful things that drew me here we now have:

-Nightly shootings across the city
-Garbage in the streets in nearly every neighborhood
-Massive camps of feral humans
-A drug crisis, that is escalating with no end in sight, look to Philadelphia to see what it will become in a decade
-Sky high housing costs
-Sky high taxes with dwindling public services for the ROI on our tax bills
-A crumbling public safety system because they have been vilified by the current skin sacks that have been elected
-Ferals now have more rights with zero accountability, i have seen food delivered, clothing, and bedding to the camps
-Companies are fleeing taking their jobs and taxes with them, in a greater sense, Oregon is not a friendly business environment

I could keep going, but i think most of those points hit the major issues. I used to say it would be a decade before we hit detroit bottom. I think it is only 1-3 years.

Their virtue signaling will be the demise of this city.

I moved to Portland over 20 years ago. It was clean. Jobs were plentiful. Cost of living was cheap relative to Seattle. Housing costs were way cheap(renter at that point). Even public transportation was cheap, i think it was 55 cents to use the bus. Close to all my favorite recreational activities. Lots of great things.

The city should now be called Potlandistan. The only thing that remains is the recreational activities which i leave the city for.
In place of all the wonderful things that drew me here we now have:

-Nightly shootings across the city
-Garbage in the streets in nearly every neighborhood
-Massive camps of feral humans
-A drug crisis, that is escalating with no end in sight, look to Philadelphia to see what it will become in a decade
-Sky high housing costs
-Sky high taxes with dwindling public services for the ROI on our tax bills
-A crumbling public safety system because they have been vilified by the current skin sacks that have been elected
-Ferals now have more rights with zero accountability, i have seen food delivered, clothing, and bedding to the camps
-Companies are fleeing taking their jobs and taxes with them, in a greater sense, Oregon is not a friendly business environment

I could keep going, but i think most of those points hit the major issues. I used to say it would be a decade before we hit detroit bottom. I think it is only 1-3 years.
Agree to all of the above. Also the issue now IMO is the local government has built a giant hole (or cesspit) of crime, entitlement payments, homelessness, anti-business environment, loss of economic base, lack of basic safety . So common sense would tell you that every dollar they spend should be spent to fill in the hole but instead every dollar they spend makes the hole deeper. That means even if poeple with common sense get into government in the future the hole will be so big I don't think it can ever be fixed.

One small example is they just created a new 1% income tax on residents plus an additional 1% tax on businesses to pay for more homeless infrastructure. So that money is going to go to pay for homeless services and staff which will only attract more homeless. Which means they will have to raise more taxes for more homeless infrastructure and on and on it goes. Currently they are paying $4000 per month to put homeless in hotels. They are proposing to spend $1.5 mil to make new parking spots for homeless at the expo center. I have heard it costs the city on average $100,000 per year for each homeless person but I don't know if that is accurate. It's a downward spiral that these complete idiots have no idea of.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top