JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DSC_0222-crop-crop.JPG

This one was my wife's grandfather's. He was a conductor for Union Pacific, I believe, in the 50's and 60's and carried this on the job. I believe this was born in 1931.
Grandpas Colt.jpg

40 years ago I was painting a well to do gentleman's house and his extension ladder couldn't quite reach the 2nd story roof eaves.
The only way to paint the trim boards would be to hang on the best you could while working your way up the edge of the steep roof.
I was standing on the ground contemplating the risk of falling to death when the old guy walks out of his house and shows me a brown box with a cool little pistol inside. He had bought it new and never fired it.
"It's yours for free if you finish the job today" was the offer he made me while we both looked 45' up from the steep hillside below.
It's amazing what the allure of a free mint Colt firearm will do to a dumb young man.

colt huntsman 004.JPG

colt huntsman 006.JPG

I'm lucky to own these.
My uncle gave the Remington Rand to my father after returning from Korea.
The newer Colt was a special run that Colt made for my nephew's unit headed to Afghanistan. He was able to let his uncles in on the order. Of course his uncles paid for his pistol...a great opportunity to thank him. 20181213_190451.jpg

Mint MK IV Series 80 Colt Officers 45
The ejection port has been lowered & flared to run flawlessly with any ammo.
It's a little tank on your hip, but shoots great.

colt 80's  Mark lV officers 004.JPG

Last Edited:
A 1968 Colt National Match (pre Gold Cup) frame with a Colt Ace 22 conversion slide installed.
The National Match trigger combined with the Ace conversion makes this pistol a dream to shoot, especially for younger shooters learning how a 1911 feels and functions.

colt 22 001.JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top