JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Throw the book at him. He and straw buyers like him are why criminals can obtain firearms (if we exclude theft and AFT fast and furious). Its why GOOD FFL's get blamed for selling to criminals when we know that isn't true.

Tons of stories like this, there is also that one where three young men in the armed services were buying firearms (legally) and turning around and selling them to their former gang friends back home. Zero reason for the article to talk about his academics to humanize him.

Throw the book at him. He and straw buyers like him are why criminals can obtain firearms (if we exclude theft and AFT fast and furious). Its why GOOD FFL's get blamed for selling to criminals when we know that isn't true.

Tons of stories like this, there is also that one where three young men in the armed services were buying firearms (legally) and turning around and selling them to their former gang friends back home. Zero reason for the article to talk about his academics to humanize him.

I'm not saying I necessarily share this viewpoint, but on the flip side, some might feel like he's doing good work by flouting blatantly unconstitutional laws and getting guns behind enemy lines.

I'm not saying I necessarily share this viewpoint, but on the flip side, some might feel like he's doing good work by flouting blatantly unconstitutional laws and getting guns behind enemy lines.
I do hear what you're saying. Even having to jump through hoops to obtain items we have a constitutional right to have is an overreach of government and I wish firearm stores were like 7/11. Open 24/7 were we could walk in and pay for what we wanted and walk out.

However, looking at this from the perspective of laws we currently have on hand, that is where Im coming from. And my sentiment towards the straw purchaser types that are arming gang members I have no pity for as their gang gun wars often result in more and more gun laws despite the cities they reside in doing nothing to stop them. Whereas normal gun owners jumping thru FFL hoops don't typically act or use their firearms in the same way as the gangsters getting these firearms.

If these folks were smart they'd just buy 80% stuff and build themselves, he could have even just sold 80% kits and it would have been legal (unless prohibited by wacky local laws). I fully support the 80% movement and how that is skirting the new age registry they are assembling or planning to assemble.

Extenuating Circumstances

Maybe......
It was done in an attempt to......
Repay his student loan debt?

++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++

COME_on_man.jpg

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

FFLs shouldn't be a thing.

This smells funny. I smell a great big Stinky here!

Besides all the propaganda in the O.P. why did the coppers wait so long to arrest the kid, and why did they buy so many illegal guns from him first?
I especially love the "Were working our azzes off trying to keep guns off the streets, but we do nothing about all the deadly illegal drugs!

Hopefully nobody here shares that view since it makes firearm enthusiasts look pretty bad. I'd argue that straw sales are the opposite of "well regulated...".

I love his entrepreneurial spirit in this free market economy. Put me on his jury for one not guilty vote.
LOL.
How much you wanna bet?
That the extra money wasn't declared on his income taxes?

Rrrrrrright......and he probably got "Stimulus Money" on top of all that.
sarcasm_detector.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS.....put me on the Jury. I'll LISTEN to both sides first and render a verdict depending on which way the wind blows (on that particular day).

The 2A doesn't read ...the right to bear arms should be well regulated.

FFLs are complicit in infringing on our rights.
I have an issue with what you say about the FFL, most are simple small business owners who own their gun shop, and are forced into being a FFL by the feds, if they want to be in business, it's a necessary evil! I don't agree they should have been forced to be this, but they made the choice in deciding to open a business. I see no complicity in this, I see honest folks just trying to do their jobs while the gooberment runns amook!

FFLs shouldn't be a thing.
Agreed. And on various threads Ive mentioned that the FFL hours and background check system is a means to throttle access to firearm ownership so I see what you're saying and I don't disagree.

However, they arent doing away with FFLs thus Im just looking at this from whats on the books perspective. Id love to think of things in my normal libertarian views.. but many laws we have are not going away though many of us agree they should. NFA being one chunk of them.

And no matter how one dices it, this kids actions of blatant straw purchasing was not a private citizen just selling stuff he used to own and wanted to get rid of, nor is it a buddy selling to a buddy. This is textbook straw purchasing. Its what is giving restricted states ammo and a voice for more gun control. I don't see there being any upside or patriotism to it, I see this as a means for many of those gangsters in those firearm restricted cities to obtain firearms used in crimes where bystanders are often killed in crossfire.

Again, I know many have made the observstion of a libertarian: "Any gun law is an infringement".. and I do agree with that sentiment, but thats not the world we live in nor will it change the laws we have. If anything supporting the 80% stuff and 3D printing is the best way to put an end to overreach.

What I want to know from anybody here is how that last 4473 you filled out and the back ground check you got to buy a gun stopped anyone from committing crime at all, today or ever.

When you can show me how by you personally doing all that is required to buy a gun stopped a crime or a bad guy, then I will maybe agree with all the BS.

Until then I do not agree with it.

The other thing is are we shure this is not a fabricated case to show that we need to change all guns laws to require gun registration and take away more gun rights! It is the government you know and we all know how honest the government and the AFT is.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews