JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any reason to go to the collectors west show this weekend?

I looked at past threads and the show looks like a dud... any good vendors going to be there?

Just looking at options for lowers etc...

I tend to only go to to Collectors West when I need to buy some bulk ammo. Sometimes I find some and sometimes not (for what I'm willing to spend). Sorry, I tend to ignore build parts.

BTW Bassman, don't know if you're aware but there is a small discount on the entry fee if you show a Bimart membership card.

Last Edited:
Unless I'm looking for something specific or bulk ammo, I don't bother with any of the gun shows anymore.
Between the entry and parking fees, it negates most of any "discount" you might get at the show.

I am at most everyone with Double Tap Patriot. some are hits some are misses. The summer shows are usually slower and you can probably get a better deal on things just because the foot traffic is so much lighter and people are looking to make a deal. the winter shows are great. more vendors come, there is a huge selection on things that you might not normaly see or have easy access to. things like body armor and small attachments are great (I picked up both last show) as far as guns go i have seen some smoking deals and some "are you crazy" prices, often on the same table.

overall i would say they are worth going too. at least with the big ones in portland. I dont know so much when it comes to the outlaying ones.

Ammo prices have gotten better. You need to walk around and check all the vendors to find the best price.
Last show I picked up AE 308 for 15.50 per box of 20. That is a pretty good price. I might go back this weekend and pick up some more.
I look at the parking and entry fee as spending for entertainment as I enjoy walking around checking out all the toys.

I window shop at gun shows (look, touch, feel but no buying) and then go find someone selling a used whatever I'm looking for online for a smoking deal.

Having said that... I have found a couple great deals on Friday when they first open the doors but that is rare. Most of the time the dealers know what they do or don't have and price it accordingly. Some I think try to take advantage of under informed buyers and those are the wtf prices.

yeah friday is def the day to get a deal on guns and ammo. the rest of the weekend seems to be better for everything else. We are primarily a T-shirt company right now and we see our best sales come on sunday. I dont know exactly why that is but its a trend we have noticed.

FYI - The show is a little light in vendors, but the vendors there do have some good stuff. Lots of ARs, uppers, accessories etc... and I found 3-4 KSG shotguns for $899.

I wouldn't bother unless you want to waste money. There's never a good deal there you can't get at a local vendor for less money by the time you pay for entry and parking.
You want AR parts go to Curts on Mcloughlin. They are awesome and have great prices. If you want a lower for a good price check online deals everywhere.
I just bought a couple Aero Precision lowers on sale from Brownells for like $65 with free shipping.
Most of the stuff at gun shows is either cheap junk or over priced items. Buy online or at the few local shops that treat their customers right.

The Gun show is extinct.

It died with the cheep 308 ammo, and cheep gun kits. Anyone remember the prices on SKS's and other rifles back in the glory days of gun shows?

Nothing there now, that you cant buy on the internet and get delivered to your door, only cheaper!

Try and sell a gun without a background check and go to Jail! So trading and sellin's out.

Only thing they have left is the fact you can see a bunch of stuff all gathered together. Kind of like going to a movie. It's entertainment!

How long can they last without sales?

Poor bastages don't even know there dead.

At the last show I scored these.
bY.f42 German K98 Mauser and some kind of Enfield both in excellent shape.

$100ea.

d401f76e2389dc39915c67af47c7d321.jpg

The Gun show is extinct.

It died with the cheep 308 ammo, and cheep gun kits. Anyone remember the prices on SKS's and other rifles back in the glory days of gun shows?

Nothing there now, that you cant buy on the internet and get delivered to your door, only cheaper!

Try and sell a gun without a background check and go to Jail! So trading and sellin's out.

Only thing they have left is the fact you can see a bunch of stuff all gathered together. Kind of like going to a movie. It's entertainment!

How long can they last without sales?

Poor bastages don't even know there dead.

Don't forget the Beanie Babies.....:confused:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top