JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Love shooting my AR with this conversion but it can be finicky.Seems to eat mini mags fairly wel but I have 10,000 rounds of lesser ammo to burn.

I see CMMG makes an anti jamming charging handle. Anybody have any personal experience with this or other options I see out there?

I've only had one shell get stuck up there out of near 1k
I stick with standard to higher velocity LR
I'd run it sloppy wet with oil for first few hundred or just forever

Just for reference….7.5" barrel pistol gas tube of course… no buffer assembly at all.
Ooooh and I removed dust cover because I was seeing some dings but not sure what from

Have 2 setup with CMMG 22lr conversion kit. Rem. Golden sometimes will fail to feed on one gun but the other will be ok. But most other bulk 22s seem to function well. Reliability is good but the accuracy is not there because of AR 1/7 barrel. So, I'm going with 22lr upper instead. More accurate.

Love shooting my AR with this conversion but it can be finicky.Seems to eat mini mags fairly wel but I have 10,000 rounds of lesser ammo to burn.

I see CMMG makes an anti jamming charging handle. Anybody have any personal experience with this or other options I see out there?
I used the anti-jam charging handle when I had a conversion kit and it made a huge difference in reliability with more finicky ammo. It made decent budget stuff like standard CCI, Winchester white box, and Aguila standard velocity ammo basically run 100% flawless as well.

Only malfunctions I would ever encounter (aside from bad rounds) was that issue where a spent case would lodge itself in the charging handle groove; the anti-jam handle makes that virtually impossible. I think it's worth the money 👍

One thing about these is if the last round fails to fire, gets stuck in the chamber and you rack the charging handle back enough to lock it open (empty mag)and then pull the mag out be sure it's pointed in a safe direction. My friend was having issues with his and did exactly that. Had a ND right through his new pelican case. The rapid closing of the bolt detonated the live round stuck in the chamber. Other than that shortcoming of it these are lots of fun.

I think one of my issues was resting the 25 rd mag on the bench why I shot
I used the anti-jam charging handle when I had a conversion kit and it made a huge difference in reliability with more finicky ammo. It made decent budget stuff like standard CCI, Winchester white box, and Aguila standard velocity ammo basically run 100% flawless as well.

Only malfunctions I would ever encounter (aside from bad rounds) was that issue where a spent case would lodge itself in the charging handle groove; the anti-jam handle makes that virtually impossible. I think it's worth the money 👍
For $20 its seems like it is worth a try.

Selling my CMMG AR-15 to 22LR Drop In Conversion Bravo Kit with 3-25 Round Magazines + 1 Extra 25 Rounds Magazine Unopened And New in Package if anyone interested. I'm not even using it at all.

Sir: What is an anti-jam charging handle, is that made different than a regular charging handle and if so where do you get it I have 2 of the CMMG conversion kits both run on the higher velocity LR, anything above 1100ps seems to work but does seem to get the one shell casing that goes up in the charging handle and jams it up, seems to run better the more I shoot it, have a great day.

Sir: What is an anti-jam charging handle, is that made different than a regular charging handle and if so where do you get it I have 2 of the CMMG conversion kits both run on the higher velocity LR, anything above 1100ps seems to work but does seem to get the one shell casing that goes up in the charging handle and jams it up, seems to run better the more I shoot it, have a great day.

It is a charging handle made specifically for the 22lr conversion kit. The groove in the charging handle is much shallower, so cases are less likely to get stuck. It works very well in my experience!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews