JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finally got my CHL a couple of weeks ago. I carry IWB at the 12 or 1 o'clock position, I carry a Glock 45, I noticed with basic t-shirts I would occasionally print if I were to lean forward then stand straight up. the shirt would get stuck on the grip. I went out and bought a size up in t-shirts and got a couple of button-down shirts that provided more concealment. any tips on clothing for carrying during the summer time? I think button-down shirts are the way to go.
For summer, button front, un-tucked type shirt.
Patterns, like plaid conceal better than solid colors.

Regarding holsters, AIWB 2.5 by JM Custom Kydex is the way to go. It is the most well thought out Kydex AIWB holster on the market and incredibly comfortable.

Regarding holsters, AIWB 2.5 by JM Custom Kydex is the way to go. It is the most well thought out Kydex AIWB holster on the market and incredibly comfortable.
I'm partial to the Tenicor aiwb holsters.

Don't forget about the belt- it will absolutely make or break your concealment.

I purchased five of the Bi-Mart $1.99 t-shirts (yeah... you read that right)
Figuring if they suck, I am only out ten bucks. The shirts have held up really well, pretty much all I wear for shirts now. They are LG which is what I wear and the best concealment shirt I own. Most my other t's require a button down over the top to conceal.

I'm partial to the Tenicor aiwb holsters.

Don't forget about the belt- it will absolutely make or break your concealment.
I couldn't get rid of my tenicor holsters fast enough 😂

You're right about the belt though!

I couldn't get rid of my tenicor holsters fast enough 😂

You're right about the belt though!
Haha, goes to show that what works for one, won't necessarily work for another.

Reminds me of the Gcode holster I bought because of recommendations- damn thing printed like crazy on me.

any tips on clothing for carrying during the summer time? I think button-down shirts are the way to go.
Wearing an undershirt of some sort will help keep the sweat/salt off your gun. It may also make you a bit hotter. But if you don't wear an undershirt, you will want to make sure you give the gun a good wipe down at night once you take it off.

Hoodies also make great cover garments...but they may not be practical in summer.

Like others have said - make sure you have a quality holster, consider buying a shirt size up, consider how you're carrying, etc.

When I first started carrying I "dressed around the gun". These days I subscribe to Chris from LuckGunner's belief about not doing that and instead dressing how you want to dress, and picking a carry option that works with how you dress.

Which one did you have and why didn't you like it? I've always been curious about them.
I think I had a velo4. I disliked the lack of a modwing, the awful belt clips, and I found that the bottom of the holster dug into me a bit too much.

Like I said in the above comment, I can't recommend the AIWB 2.5 from JM custom enough.

Really, as a CC holder and EDC a firearm one should not only be the nicest SOB but also the most humble with the least amount of ego.

Be prepared and REALLY PERSONALLY GOOD with losing arguments, deescalation and walking away. Because that is hopefully the ONLY choice that's ever made.
Absolutly this^. First and foremost, be the most humble person in the situation, have to be able to walk away from anything that's not a life threatening situation. Once you've made the decision that lethal force may be needed, your life is about to change forever, and in ways you might not have thought about.

As has already been said, best to not put oneself in the situation to begin with. But even with diligence, unavoidable trouble can come our way. Be prepared with less lethal options, pepper spray, self defense knife and the ability to use them.

We all have to decide what hill we're willing to die on, be sure you and your family are prepared financially and mentally.

Know and understand Oregon law, under what circumstances deadly force is warranted. Ignorance of the law, any aspect regarding concealed carry and use, is no excuse.

Having said all that, a high quality belt and holster are necessary. For aiwb carry my preference is kydex. Concealment express and BraDec make high quality kydex available with a claw to draw the butt of the gun into the body for maximum concealment.

Here's an example of a BraDec kydex aiwb for an Sig P365. This disappears under an upsize t-shirt (just one size). Even with a bit of an ole guy gut…

2B19DA42-0370-4DCF-BAD1-492574F93551.jpeg

Last Edited:
Tenicor holsters are all I run.

Currently (as in at this moment) I am carrying a comped G17 (G34 length) with a 19 round mag and a Surefire X300 weapon light at the 11-12oclock.

I carry all day at work. Standard Ariat jeans and a tshirt. I wear and undershirt between the gun and my skin simply for comfort. Ares gear aegis belt.

What light are you running on your G45?

Dark colors are your friend. Also avoid baby gap.

Edit - Don't pay attention to the ugly stipple and paint job.

IMG_2928.jpeg IMG_2929.jpeg IMG_2931.jpeg

Last Edited:
+1 to @DirectDrive 's point - patterned shirts are the way to go. Bright / light colors make creases and shadows readily apparent, so I try to avoid them in general regardless of whether it's patterned or not (just my personal preference, YMMV). If you don't have a patterned shirt your next best option is a dark colored shirt, preferably black.

Props on carrying a full size fighting pistol too by the way. The G45 is my favorite Glock by far. You chose a good one.

If AIWB look into wedge pillows. Add so much comfort and aid with printing.

Out of curiosity, why that one? The slide is the easy part to conceal.
Just the combo of the full frame and compact slide is a joy to shoot. Atleast for me personally. I don't care about printing at all so I'm not super concerned with grip length (hence the reason I have a +2 base plate on both mags). The average American is dumb/oblivious to their surroundings.

The G45 with a comp making it the same length as a G17 is my favorite combo. I just don't carry mine on the rare chance it gets removed from me. That why I carry my chopped up POS G17 that I paid $200 bucks for. No love lost. Haha.

Last Edited:
When it warmer weather I wear and IWB at 2:30 to 3:00 position and carry a G19. I wear a sleeveless t-shirt and wear a polo shirt over the t-shirt. In colder weather I wear a G17 and wear a sweat jacket or a sweater.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top