JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
-Buy and break in some expensive comfy shoes.
-Don't pick up anything (literature, posters, mags, etc) It will get heavy.
-Plan on walking for 8 hours per day for 4 days. I heard that if you walk down every aisle and row it's like 30 miles or something.
-What you see there often times never goes to market.
-Don't touch the ACR rifles, or they will break.
-It's not a gun show, so you may grab the guns, rack the guns, dry-fire the guns, etc
-Try not to bump into other dudes while walking because you are looking at the bikini girls.
-No photography allowed (some people do it anyway) I do it, but I am a rule-breaker by nature.

It's pretty fun, but can get tedious. It's a good place for dealers to do their yearly buy-ins.

Went back in 2003 and 2004 when I worked for a locat outdoor products manufacturer. It was awesome to say the least. Everything Coctailer mentioned in right on. Except I didnt have a camera. Have fun...

Gehrheart,

Funny you should mention SEMA. That's another dream of mine along with going to CES.

I have a relative who just got back from SEMA. He was invited by a friend of Shelby and got to visit his factory. He said the show and Shelby's place was amazing.

I don't know what Heli-Expo is, but it sounds cool too!

I will report when I get back - with sore feet and a happy smile!

Think SEMA but for helicopters :D

I went to the Shot Show once MANY years ago when it was in Dallas. I was working the Hodgdon booth at the time. It was a much smaller show then. The booth right behind us was an outfit that made diaphram turkey calls and I remember 3 days of listening to these guys working these calls. I now realize why people like to kill turkeys. :s0114:

What coctailer said, stay in a decent hotel-no bedbugs, stay away from the strip bars unless you have permission, try to go to the shoot days to try out stuff, and be patient. I'll be there with a video crew, so a media pass is great.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews