JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For reasons I can't explain, this has been my short-trip EDC lately. Let the well-deserved mocking begin.

unnamed.jpg

If someone is shooting at me specifically with a rifle at a more difficult distance, no amount of Glock mags is going to help. He's got accuracy and stopping power over me in spades. Breaking cover to return fire would not be a survival move in most cases, unless there is absolutely no cover or escape.

And if you do pull a gun where the shooter can see, you have become his sole focus until he kills you.

So maybe not a great example?

A better one is dealing with being mugged by a group of people. A small gun of even limited caliper can be used effectively against one assailant. But four gets really tough, unless the other three run. Usually all four will before you pull the trigger. A 15 round 9mm pistol would be much more effective against 4.

Pistols aren't force fields. In the Vegas mass shooting it wouldn't have mattered if everyone at that concert had an AK on them. The death toll would have been identical. Well, the death toll would have been higher, because of the return fire.
What did the cop shoot the mall shooter with? It wasn't a rifle was it?

For reasons I can't explain, this has been my short-trip EDC lately. Let the well-deserved mocking begin.

View attachment 1431845
Well you got Dwight with you…. And he's basically a ninja. So I think you're good to go!

I think people should carry whatever they feel comfortable with. More or less. It's an individual choice and risk assessment.

The mall shooter was already shooting at the cop? Or are you talking about something completely irrelevant?
What are you on about? Pretty sure the responding officers made a frantic 911 call saying shooter was actively firing. Whether or not the sooner was directly firing at the officer is moot.

Mall shooter was shooting with a rifle. The cop that engaged him was using his service pistol.

You said a pistol was not gonna be effective against someone with a rifle. But it turns out a handgun is effective against an active shooter with a rifle...

Screenshot_20230603_213219.jpg

What are you on about? Pretty sure the responding officers made a frantic 911 call saying shooter was actively firing. Whether or not the sooner was directly firing at the officer is moot.

Mall shooter was shooting with a rifle. The cop that engaged him was using his service pistol.

You said a pistol was not gonna be effective against someone with a rifle. But it turns out a handgun is effective against an active shooter with a rifle...

View attachment 1431977
I was asked what I would do if someone was already shooting at me with a rifle at 25 yards. If your example has nothing to do with that, then it has nothing to do with me or what I said.

Capisce?

I was asked what I would do if someone was already shooting at me with a rifle at 25 yards. If your example has nothing to do with that, then it has nothing to do with me or what I said.

Capisce?

IMG_2725.jpeg

Capisce?
Do you assume the Texas shooter didn't see the cop pull his gun and point it in his direction becoming the active shooter's "sole focus until he killed him?"

Or did I miss understand you?

Do you assume the Texas shooter didn't see the cop pull his gun and point it in his direction becoming the active shooter's "sole focus until he killed him?"

Or did I miss understand you?
A. I don't know which shooting you're referring to, so I can't answer your question specifically.
B. The cop is presumably on the offence, while the example I was given was where I was attacked out of the blue.

So it is fair to say you didn't understand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top