JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just tallied up the donations for this cleanup. Ready for this? We're able to give away $333 in free raffle prizes! Plus the GPS unit which retails for $350!

$683 worth of prizes!
WOW!

Last Edited:
A thought about the responsibility part of this...

We are NOT taking responsibility for the mess that's out there. We are the ones who are being responsible enough to clean it up. It's called stewardship (something that is not taught or practiced much anymore but we hope it makes a come back). Stewards are those who know what stewardship means. They know that it's the careful and responsible management of something entrusted to one's care. Our natural resources and our privilege to shoot on public land.

The forest service has a lot on their plate. Their budgets are always being cut and there is not enough staff to do all that's needed. The trash problem is so bad they really need an organization like Dump Stoppers. DS is out there all time taking load after load out of our forest and still there is not enough man power to deal with the shooting site trash. That's where we need to come along side the forest service and Dump Stoppers to help.

Good stewards value access to public land and the privilege to recreate as we wish. We appreciate a clean and healthy forest. We recognize the need to be involved in the careful and responsible management of that which is entrusted to us.

So this Saturday we are tipping our hat to our management officials and to Dump Stoppers in a show of our appreciation for their diligent work to provide quality recreation for all.

It doesn't matter if you target shoot on public land or not. What does matter, is that good stewards come out and show their appreciation.

Thanks all!

Bill

We are NOT taking responsibility for the mess that's out there. We are the ones who are being responsible enough to clean it up. It's called stewardship (something that is not taught or practiced much anymore but we hope it makes a come back). Stewards are those who know what stewardship means. They know that it's the careful and responsible management of something entrusted to one's care. Our natural resources and our privilege to shoot on public land.

The forest service has a lot on their plate. Their budgets are always being cut and there is not enough staff to do all that's needed. The trash problem is so bad they really need an organization like Dump Stoppers. DS is out there all time taking load after load out of our forest and still there is not enough man power to deal with the shooting site trash. That's where we need to come along side the forest service and Dump Stoppers to help.

Good stewards value access to public land and the privilege to recreate as we wish. We appreciate a clean and healthy forest. We recognize the need to be involved in the careful and responsible management of that which is entrusted to us.

So this Saturday we are tipping our hat to our management officials and to Dump Stoppers in a show of our appreciation for their diligent work to provide quality recreation for all.

It doesn't matter if you target shoot on public land or not. What does matter, is that good stewards come out and show their appreciation.

Thanks all!

Bill

Thanks all!

Bill
Way to go Bill (again). Well said my friend. Thanks for the continued commitment and dedication, and congrats on the new non-profit status.

Your organization and team building skills have brought folks together again to accomplish a true example of "community outreach".

Having been part of other clean-ups and target shooting information programs that were offered through NWFA, I know firsthand how much work it takes to support these efforts.

The reward for just showing up is a chance to interact with all kinds of great people - from law enforcement, administrators and other front line service members - to formal target shooters, occasional recreational shooters, hunters, weopons enthusiasts and collectors - and others with knowledge in wide ranges of interesting things.

All share a love of the land, and a commitment to do something more than complain about the suck.

See ya Saturday. Ed

Thank you Mr. Guinn. I, as well, appreciate your dedication and involvement. You've been an inspiration to me and others. Hat's off to you Sir!

Wish I knew how many people were coming! This food shopping stuff is not my cup of tea! Do I shop for 20? Or 40? :rolleyes:Hmmmm. Comparing price per pound verses quantity, quality, taste, Kosher or not, regular or lean and on and on. Why didn't I take Home Ec in school?!

It is kind of fun though. More of a challenge than a problem. I'll go for 40 and lean. Skip the Kosher and head straight for the taste. If we need more, Estacada is not that far away! Wonder if they have Burgerville? :rolleyes:

Very cool! I just heard from another person who'll be making up something special too! I'm sure we'll have plenty of people and plenty of food!

Thanks!

All this talk about food, prizes & stewardship and no talk about shooting?

Bring guns! Bring targets! Bring eye & ear protection! Bring ammo! That's the stuff that is really important!

Getting ready to pack the car

20170616_113645.jpg

Thanks for the awesome job you do as a coordinator and being just an all around great guy & super citizen.
Id love to join you all but im getting on the big Bird to Ketchikan to fish with my son for Father's day in a few hours.... ;)
Wish us fair seas and a bountiful harvest.

Bring guns! Bring targets! Bring eye & ear protection! Bring ammo! That's the stuff that is really important!

I'm bringing everything I got!
which sounds much more impressive than it really is....
But I'll have some backup ear and eye pro
and cigars and espresso

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews