JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hoppes #9, and time (I let this stuff sit in the bore for days, until pulling a patch through is clean enough, and no copper showing at the muzzle). CLP for everything else, except where I need grease.

I don't clean AK.

AK cleans itself:p

For everything else I like Rem Oil and Tri Flow oil.

Hoppes #9 if it needs a deep cleening.

Air compressor to blow cleaner in and out, and oil into tiny crevices.

I don't clean AK.

AK cleans itself:p

For everything else I like Rem Oil and Tri Flow oil.

Hoppes #9 if it needs a deep cleening.

Air compressor to blow cleaner in and out, and oil into tiny crevices.

I clean my AK but using my AK cleaning kit and a cleaning rod. I use CLP and just using swab holder. I did use the brush after about 500 rounds but really didn't need it. I also pull the piston and wipe the grim away and use a 12 gauge shotgun brush to clean the gas tube. If am storing it for awhile I put a light coating of CLP on the gas piston.

I am using 12 gauge cotton swabs and I am cutting them for my AK. Kind of useful just buy large swabs and then cut them down to size base on gun I am cleaning.

I was joking:p

I haven't put many rounds thru mine but I did clean it before storing it.

broke it into the 4 parts

stuck it on a puppy pee pad and hoses it down. Left it over night. Wiped, swabbed it off and put it back together. Seems to be happy.

I came here to see if someone posted that! If you haven't gone through his test results, you should. I've been using frog lube since day 1, the very first AR15 I bought (from someone here of course) the seller brought and gave me some frog lube for free. He swore by it and I adopted his appreciation.

When the above linked test was posted, I was really happy to see my trust was well placed!

In this image Board #1 has been outside for 15 days, Board #2 for 14 days.

Board #1 was sprayed with salt water after being placed outside.

boards2_zps3731a808.jpg

I've been using frog lube since day 1, the very first AR15 I bought (from someone here of course) the seller brought and gave me some frog lube for free. He swore by it and I adopted his appreciation.

My former department has banned the use of Frog Lube on duty firearms. They have found multiple malfunctions due to other solvents / lubes mixing with the Frog stuff and causing massive sludge and significant issues. If the firearm is pristine and completely void of every other solvents / lubes then they apparently seem to work ok (as I was told). But if you use something else to clean the bore, no go for them. Not my study but talking with several of the folks that work at the range they seemed very serious about it. YMMV, nothing personally against the stuff.
Lately I've been using ALG (Geissele) Go Juice on my handguns and ALG 0000 very thin grease on my AR's. Just put 1800 rounds through two last week, with very little cleaning, just a wipe and lube application, with no malfunctions (other than a few non-gun operator errors).

That study referenced earlier is gold. Read it last year and saved it.

Yeah, I've heard it doesn't play well with others as well.

For what it's worth, I've used nothing but frog lube on my firearms for the last 9 or so years (since I joined here and bought my first AR15) I've never had a single malfunction (outside of a bad batch of MAGTECH 5.56), no sludge, no buildup, no rust.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top