JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is the chance that posts get a time to live? Perhaps after 6 months the post is automatically deleted? If a post is closed for discussion or cannot be replied to then it is removed?

Whenever I do a search for a weapon I quite often pull up old posts that are 12-18 months old. I have also inquired about posts only to be told that the weapon is sold, however the person that posted the ad has not updated that it is gone. Can a message be sent to the admin that might initiate an inquiry to the poster that can close that ad?

This is a great site, but there is a lot of old postings in the Classifieds that can cause frustration.

Members can close their ads once an item is sold. It's at top right of the first post in their thread. And yes, I agree that the classified ads can have postings that are long gone but the member never closed it or notified a staff member. It happens, and I don't really know a good way to prevent it. Some members join here to literally sell one item and they never log in again.

As far as how long posts and threads "live" they are here for ever unless a staff member deletes them. As far as I can tell that's how ALL forums work. Posts don't just delete after a certain time period.

For classifieds, I would agree with regular cleanup. Say, a year maybe.

For other discussions, deleting unless For Cause reeks of the kind of Memory Holing outlets like Vice are teeing up by blocking archival services so they can just say "we never said that" after they say something offensive and the only evidence left would be user screencaps.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews