JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RE : Flitz

My friend (visiting from Hawaii) wanted to buy some Flitz (for another friend, still stuck in Hawaii). It should have been an easy task, Rrrrrright.....

We spent almost the whole day looking for it. Driving from hardware store to hardware store, Fisherman's Marine, etc...... We finally found some at an ACE hardware store in the downtown area of Portland.

Yeah.....I wasn't looking forward to going into Portland proper (but, I was carrying). LOL.

Anyway.....it was the liquid variety. Really......I use to remember that the stuff came in a tube. Like toothpaste?

Whatever.....we bought some.

BUT, But, but.....LOL......the joke was on me. Because, later the next day, we found some in the tube. IIRC.....it was at the Sportsmans Warehouse on 82nd Ave.

Aloha, Mark

:s0101:

Thanks! I have way more Flitz than I think I'll ever need, so that should work out well.
Now if you have a 1970s Thumler's Model B tumbler, you are def good 2 go. The main thing, for those reading is to NEVER use ammonia (i.e. Brasso) on brass. As the Brits found out with tens of 1000s of .303s in India, exposed to elephant urine. Maybe you have some pachyderms in the barn? Anyway, the point was....

I have always used crushed walnut shell and jeweler's rouge. The liquid rouge being a bit messy, I have switched to Flitz/walnut shell. And, still using that 1970s Thumler's Tumbler. Berry's hand crank media separator makes things much easier.

Last Edited:
Y'all done covered it pretty well, all's I can ad is that I use 3) 35mm film containers of Turtle Wax car wash/wax for that brand new look that I prefer.
I still use my 2 Thumlers for cleaning brass that I sell.
I'm gonna be buried with them. :D:D:D

5FA8B707-BAB8-45A9-A426-5A2AF249C661.jpeg DF40B3CD-3FF1-4158-AABC-FDB7C811540C.jpeg

Last Edited:
RE : Flitz

My friend (visiting from Hawaii) wanted to buy some Flitz (for another friend, still stuck in Hawaii). It should have been an easy task, Rrrrrright.....

We spent almost the whole day looking for it. Driving from hardware store to hardware store, Fisherman's Marine, etc...... We finally found some at an ACE hardware store in the downtown area of Portland.

Yeah.....I wasn't looking forward to going into Portland proper (but, I was carrying). LOL.

Anyway.....it was the liquid variety. Really......I use to remember that the stuff came in a tube. Like toothpaste?

Whatever.....we bought some.

BUT, But, but.....LOL......the joke was on me. Because, later the next day, we found some in the tube. IIRC.....it was at the Sportsmans Warehouse on 82nd Ave.

Aloha, Mark
I hope you didn't ever try to brush your teeth with the paste in tube version!

:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top