JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"The Sperlings moved to their property in 1971"

So what does that mean they 'moved' to their property'? Does that mean they had a mobile home on it or something? If they lived there in 1971, where's the proof of that? The Clark County tax assessor website clearly records the current house as being built in 1980.

Just wondering, when does the county website show them buying there property??

http://www.columbian.com/news/2015/feb/20/expert-inspects-gun-range-finds-it-well-run/

Anyone see this yet? Bit of positive news it seems. Between this, the fact that CCSO found no intent, negligence or reckless, and Miss Sperling's (who unfortunately bears a striking resemblance to my mother:eek:) ever changing story, a civil suit sounds almost like a joke.

In addition, I hadn't heard the owl story before but it seems interesting. Speaking from experience, having a bird with a 5ft+ wingspan swoop down on you is a terrifying and humbling sight to behold. We have property in Eastern Oregon with a sizable population of Great Horned Owls. Riding the trails at night on a quad and having one of those swoop over you, you'd swear Jeepers Creepers was after you..

Seeing more of this kind of slander. Like the outdoor area that caught on fire because of shooters. Makes you wonder if this is just more gun control of a different variety?

thirtycal said:

"The Sperlings moved to their property in 1971"

So what does that mean they 'moved' to their property'? Does that mean they had a mobile home on it or something? If they lived there in 1971, where's the proof of that? The Clark County tax assessor website clearly records the current house as being built in 1980.

Just wondering, when does the county website show them buying there property??

Well permits for 10/7/79 and 11/3/82

Now , has anybody contacted the person who wrote that article and pointed out the false statements?

I don't think I could contain myself.

There are only a few (2-3) posters here who have stepped up to the plate and contacted anyone.

Respond if you are one of them...YOU deserve recognition:s0023: :s0139: :s0145: :s0151: :s0090: :s0022:

Most are "behind the monitor batchers & moaners.:s0117::s0118: :s0141:

That's why the media can lie and manipulate............VERY FEW will stand up and challenge their twisted facts...........on a LOT of reporting on a LOT of topics.:(:mad::(:mad:

HELL, I called the TV station and spoke with them about this, and I'm 5 hours away!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

While hounding the press may feel good it will do little to change the established positions. The longer this story has legs the.worse it is for us. The "facts" that are out there may have to be adjudicated and in the interim the best that can happen is for this story to die. The complainant will do her best to keep it alive. It would be in our best interest not to oblige ber.;)

http://www.columbian.com/news/2015/feb/20/expert-inspects-gun-range-finds-it-well-run/

Anyone see this yet? Bit of positive news it seems. Between this, the fact that CCSO found no intent, negligence or reckless, and Miss Sperling's (who unfortunately bears a striking resemblance to my mother:eek:) ever changing story, a civil suit sounds almost like a joke.

In addition, I hadn't heard the owl story before but it seems interesting. Speaking from experience, having a bird with a 5ft+ wingspan swoop down on you is a terrifying and humbling sight to behold. We have property in Eastern Oregon with a sizable population of Great Horned Owls. Riding the trails at night on a quad and having one of those swoop over you, you'd swear Jeepers Creepers was after you..

ROFLOL, Yeah once when we were rabbit hunting over by Boardman,,,,, south of it a ways we came onto an old shack in the side of a lil hill and my granddad walked up to the door and one of those horned owls came out that door sideways and clawed him across the forehead. Looked like he was sliced open by a damned flail mower.... Nasty birds when you surprise them :D

Now she appears with anoher big smile and a puppy.
If the hospital suspected an impact sufficient to give her a concussion would they release her to go home? I've had several concussions and have been released after treatment but with the stipulation that my wife not let me doze off and to keep watch on me for 24 hrs. But here's a concussion which develops a week after impact - IF there was any impact?

The doctor statements that these people relay to media are their own. No doctor would say any of them.

Now they say that she was struck from behind and the "bullet" entered and exited her scalp as it whizzed through? How could that make three verticle abrasions as shown in the early photographs? And what happened to her "exploding" head?

Oh, he's a Vietnam vet and "gets it" does he? That might be something that would be interesting to investigate.

I think these people are changing their tune in response to all of the sceptical opinions expressed about their story. Heck, the KATU comment sections was coincidentally closed down after most commenters ridiculed these claims.

There are two basic questions I still have, and I'm not sure how or if they will ever be answered:

- Is there a medical expert on gunshot injuries that will come forward and say, conclusively, unambiguously, that they believe this to be a bullet wound? Is that injury even possible from a single projectile strike? I mean, as badly as these people want to blame CCR for this, where are the expert opinions? The Dr said, they said, someone said....it's all just BS until someone believes in it enough to come forward and say so. I've looked at the photo, and I don't believe what she has is a bullet wound. But, I'm not an expert. Where are the experts that will testify to this?

- Is it even possible to get a round from CCR to the spot on their property where she was injured? I've looked at the satellite pictures, the elevation differences, the photos from the news media. I've looked at the layout of the berms, the backstops, the baffles. I'm not seeing it. I suppose you could walk out from under the covered shooting area, and if you shot almost straight up you may be able to lob a round onto their property. But, short of that, is it even possible? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. If someone wanted to prove their case, I'd think it'd be pretty easy and relatively inexpensive to model the area in 3D on a computer. Then it would be relatively simple to figure this out, quite conclusively.

The long and short of it seems obvious to me; if these people want CCR gone as badly as they seem to, I'd think they'd be all over all the hard evidence they could muster. Just doesn't appear to be any....and I'm not surprised.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top