JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1. The Range isn't anywhere near a mile away. Closer to 400 yards.

2. Protocol at the range is for everyone on the property to be signed in. It would be pretty easy for the Sheriff to get representative cartridge casings from the members on site at the time of the reported incident.

3. This happened on a Monday afternoon. Clark Rifles was open to members and guests of members only. Probably weren't a lot of folks shooting, Mondays tend to be pretty slow.

4. I still don't understand how someone could get a bullet moving faster than the speed of sound to loft over the berm and barrier wall to drop down and hit someone below the wall.

The lead cores they had looked like they were several decades old too. No Jackets on any of them, just cores from what I saw.
Owls or no, I still say it was the son and a rake
LOL trying for a free buck..............:D:mad::mad:

It would be sad to see anything happen to this range. I was on a waiting list for the Golden Gun Club when it was once owned by Coors and then sold out to land developers for more houses. Hoping this one sticks around. A funny incident happened back in the 90's at the Cherry Creek Gun Club in Denver, CO. Someone claimed that bullets were landing on in their back yard. Upon inspection they were presented with several bullets that had no rifling on them. The complaint was quickly dismissed..

The worse option for the folks living out there is to have the range close down. My guess is the probability of a stray bullet landing in or near their property from people shooting out in the woods from their own "makeshift" ranges.. This is where all the safety is thrown out the window..

Just saying..

Oh that's rich. Where previously they had said their house (at the end of the 300yd line) was built in 1980, this new article quotes the woman as having said their occupancy began in 1971:

"The Sperlings moved to their property in 1971"

So what does that mean they 'moved' to their property'? Does that mean they had a mobile home on it or something? If they lived there in 1971, where's the proof of that? The Clark County tax assessor website clearly records the current house as being built in 1980.

So where did this 1971 come from? Well coincidentally that's one year before the Clark County Rifles established the range. Hmm that's certainly a convenient new fact, isn't it?

Keep in mind that the piece of land that Clark County Rifles has occupied since 1972 was, in fact, a non-chartered shooting range since 1960 - and who knows how long before that people had been shooting there prior to that.

-Thirtycal

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads