JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My husband and I got ours in Yamhill County. Filled out the application, got photographed, finger printed, paid the fee and they were in our mail box a week later both instances.

Wife and I went in today for our appt. @2pm after putting in our apps back in February. It was much less involved than I thought it would be. As a Washington resident I expected to be actually interviewed. We were done in 10 minutes. We presented the certificate from the safety course. Giving them a 3 sentence letter about how we camp in Oregon, often 30 -100 miles from any kind of first responders. The letter I believe is only required by out of state residents but I could be wrong. Then we paid, got our picture taken, got our fingerprints taken and told to expect them in 4-5 weeks. It was almost a let down after hearing how hard it was to get one in Oregon as a non-resident. Not that I am complaining.:D
You're correct, the letter is only for out of state residents.

I had my appointment today in WaCo. I showed up 30 minutes early and had my CHL and was out the door and done 15 minutes before my appointment was scheduled to start. It was a pleasure to deal with them and a complete cake walk. Good times

I went in for my appointment yesterday in Multnomah co. at 1pm sat and waited by myself in the lobby. 5 minutes roll by another person strolls in and starts the wait, lady comes out at 10 after 1pm. Calls all the 1pm appointments since i was the only one for a 1pm the other person got to come back since they showed up early for their appointment. I showed my course completion, paid my fees, took a photo and had prints done within 8 minutes. Then was told it would be 4-5 weeks before I would see my license in the mail. I'll keep everyone posted on wait time.

Forgot to post... about 2 weeks ago I went in for my Marion County CHL renewal... called 2 months ahead of my expiration date & told them the date it expires, they set the appointment the day before expiration. I messed up my appointment time, called them and asked if they would allow me to be 20 minutes late, they said, "no problem, don't speed to get here we'll work you in if needed."

I arrived, thanked the nice lady that I talked to on the phone, cracked a joke (at my expense) and made her giggle, submitted my renewal application, waited 10 whole minutes, got called in for a new photo... flippin' thing printed out of the machine right there and I was on my way.

Marion County Sherriff's Office personnel are exceptionally friendly and courteous... with a good dose of common sense. They actually said that CHL applicants/holders are their favorite citizens because they are so polite and generally prove to be more reliable than the "average citizen"... and it shows with their conduct towards the CHL applicants.

If we can't get constitutional carry in Oregon for the time being, this is the way to roll!

WELL DONE MARION CO. SHERRIFF'S OFFICE! :s0155:

Went in 10 minutes early on Thursday for my appointment, waited 5 minutes and was taken back. Money, id's, training certificate, picture and fingerprints in 8 minutes and I was out of there. They are quick with the process but 4-5 week wait time sucks.

I have heard that some Oregon LEO offices won't always issue a CHL to out of state people such as myself. Anyone run in this? and if so what county is best to make an appointment with?

In Vancouver as well. Columbia county is good to go if you routinely travel to or through the county which I do.

My wife had absolutely ZERO issues with Multnomah They were quick, professional and had zero issues sending her a CHL. Her card is pretty cool as well. Ours in Washington are on a enormous piece of paper.

YMMV

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads