JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Multnomah county is taking forever to process the licences. I put in an application in February and have to wait until June for an interview.

That's bad but can you imagine the wait time if SB796 passes? What if, for example, you
show up for your range test and because of the ammo shortage, they don't have the caliber
you need for your particular weapon? This would mean another long delay in the long CHL process.
(of course, this is probably the whole purpose of the bill-make the process so difficult that people don't even try).

We had our class on Sunday, asked for an appointment on Monday which was set for late August.

My friend in Clackamas County applied for an appointment in January, had her interview on Monday and walked out with her card.

What do they ask you at the interview? My wife and I have back to back appointments a half hour apart.

I had to pass an FBI background check for my work last August and paid the Sheriff's office $10 to get printed. All digital so no inky fingers, but the wait in line was an hour because they only have one old reserve deputy come in once a week to take prints.

Our county complained to the local paper that they processed 330 new applications from Jan. 1 through March 31, compared to 147 new applications over the same period last year — a 124-percent jump!

Ohmygrd, 110 applications a month. Meanwhile from another Oregon county: Sheriff Palmer of Grant County was up at the Puyallup, Washington Gun Show and took over 700 applications for the Oregon CHL today. $50 an application goes to the Sheriff so the man just paid for his own monthly salary by being proactive!

Our county complained to the local paper that they processed 330 new applications from Jan. 1 through March 31, compared to 147 new applications over the same period last year — a 124-percent jump!

Ohmygrd, 110 applications a month. Meanwhile from another Oregon county: Sheriff Palmer of Grant County was up at the Puyallup, Washington Gun Show and took over 700 applications for the Oregon CHL today. $50 an application goes to the Sheriff so the man just paid for his own monthly salary by being proactive!

$35,000? He made half his annual salary...

Not trying to threadjack but from those that have gotten theirs new in the last few months. Do they print out your license on the spot or do you have to wait for them to send it to you? I heard a while back that they give you the license on the spot now and am really curious.

BTW, I applied in March and my appointment is on June 3rd.

Thanks

EDIT: I'm referring specifically to Washington Co.

So I guess instead of pushing out the length of time (42 days)-6 Weeks they have pushed out the time for the scheduling and appointments.
Wonder who made that decision? Anti-gunners?

Does that seem kinda odd, like that IRS "thing" that's going on now?

Benton County:

I went in today for address change which was one of the days listed that you could go in.
I got there at 12:00 and realized there was a sign that said "Make an appointment: call this number"

I called the number, she was like "oh yeah, I have availability at 12:50 today"...

Sure as crap, I got in there in 50 minutes after I arrived for my address change. I'll know better when it's time to renew and I will call ahead earlier and schedule something further out...

Advantages of smaller counties. Wish anyone could go to any county and get their license.

My appointment is this coming thursday for multnomah county. What questions are asked? How does the process go?

Wife and I went in today for our appt. @2pm after putting in our apps back in February. It was much less involved than I thought it would be. As a Washington resident I expected to be actually interviewed. We were done in 10 minutes. We presented the certificate from the safety course. Giving them a 3 sentence letter about how we camp in Oregon, often 30 -100 miles from any kind of first responders. The letter I believe is only required by out of state residents but I could be wrong. Then we paid, got our picture taken, got our fingerprints taken and told to expect them in 4-5 weeks. It was almost a let down after hearing how hard it was to get one in Oregon as a non-resident. Not that I am complaining.:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top