JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
JCSO is waay behind processing permits. They have brought in additional staff to bring down the backlog, but current events are keeping the lobby crowded. Just know they are not happy with the wait time due to the flood of applications.

Washington county. I got my CHL this morning. Walked in 30 minutes early to my appointment and was out of there permit in hand in less than 10 minutes. There was only one other guy in there waiting on his background check when I arrived. My background check came thru while we were still doing fingerprints.

My Oregon CHL expires in 8 weeks. I just called the Sheriff's Civil Office to schedule a renewal appointment and they are all booked up for the month of September. I have to wait until the first week of October and hope that they can get a replacement issued in three weeks or less.

Our initial wait was over 200 days, so lets hope they are more efficient this time.

Still have not started the Cali process but I hear I am in the best county in CA to get one. Gonna cost about 250 for training, ammo and fees, then a 6 month wait. Lord' I miss Washington.

Speaking of which can Washington renewals be done by mail?

Brutus out

Deschutes C. - two weeks. Applied 12/15; arrived 12/29. Fantastically helpful Sheriff's office people. (Paperwork says that it was actually approved 12/22 - just took an extra week to get it mailed out over Xmas.)

Still have not started the Cali process but I hear I am in the best county in CA to get one. Gonna cost about 250 for training, ammo and fees, then a 6 month wait. Lord' I miss Washington.

Speaking of which can Washington renewals be done by mail?

Brutus out

No you have to go into the local sheriff office or police station in person to renew in Washington state. There is a list of office that do renewals.

WA State Licensing (DOL) Official Site: How to get your license Concealed Pistol license in Washington state

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top