JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe it is different in Washington, but when I went to my closest sheriffs office the wait was two months, unless I wanted to go downtown to the main office; which was a walk-in only. My wife and I went down when they opened and we walked out 30 minutes later after filling out the appropriate form and being fingerprinted. Because of the holidays, it took 5 weeks to receive it in the mail.

I showed up for fingerprinting at the Clatsop County Jail on January 15. Took the fingerprint cards downstairs and turned them in at CCSO headquarters. Received my card in the mail on February 3. So, 3 weeks and 2 days for the whole thing, including the SO getting back letters they sent to two of my friends who I named as references. No complaints here!

Yeah I looked last week and the schedule is only about 2 week wait. Weird. I think it just ebbs and flows based on how many new CHL applicants specifically to a county. At the class I took about half were from Marion the rest were surrounding counties.

Marion County initial application was in 1991 and I have no idea how long from application to it was in my hand.

Latest renewal was in May Appointment was made about 1 month in advance. I showed up 30 min early paper work in hand. 10 min later the ladies called me back did a Quick finger print and basically handed me my renewal. I don't think the whole renewal process including walking into the building took more then 20 min.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top