Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CHL wait times

Discussion in 'Defensive Carry & Self Defense' started by Gandalf, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Gandalf

Gandalf jackson county New Member

Hello, I am curious as to recent wait times fo CH licenses. Anyone renewed or applied lately that would care to share? I've seen another thread but it was outdated a bit. Im in Jackson County and am over 30 days waiting right now.

2. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

3. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I will also appreciate whomever is willing to weigh in, noting your general location.

I'm due to renew Multnomah County this year. Wondering how soon is too soon - or too late.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, Utah's renewal was butt-simple and quick. I went online a month early and had a new card two weeks later.

4. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Mine was over a year ago but it was right at 6 weeks after applying. 3 weeks for an appointment and had it in hand 3 weeks after that. In Mult County.

5. teflon97239

Was that first issue or renewal Joe?

This is my final time to re-up in Multnomah County. Moving in 2017 because I despise traffic jams, and dense overcrowding of liberals.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    ATCSDav likes this.
  6. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Probably each county is going to be an island unto itself. Telling you about Pierce county would be of little use.

Brutus57 likes this.
  7. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Washington County renewals have typically been done while you wait... Love Pat Garrett's leadership and organization...

Ura-Ki, rds801 and Don H like this.
  8. teflon97239

So I've heard! Yet another on a growing list of reasons I'll be happy to leave Multco and head west in the next year or two.

ATCSDav and Don H like this.
  9. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

In Multco. you can go in on the expiation date and they give you a temporary until the new one arrives. I think it took Wifey about 2 weeks for it to come in the mail.

http://www.mcso.us/profiles/pdf/chl_faq.pdf Page three for renewals.

10. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

I just moved to Washco from Multco and called this morning to get an appointment to transfer my CHL. The lady said they are really busy now but I got an appointment in two weeks. Not too bad, actually. It'll only cost $30 to transfer and I'm done with Multco for good!:)

hermiston and ATCSDav like this.
  11. teflon97239

Transfer? Was your Multco going to expire soon or do you have change because you moved? Put another way, let's say I move to Washco while I still have 3 years left on the Multco. Will I be required to change at that time because of my new address? Kind of a pain in the buttocks, but good to know if that's the rule.

BTW, congrats on moving. Not far behind you bro.

ATCSDav and Don H like this.
  12. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

You have to notify the issuing county whenever you move within the state. Before that, you need to update your address with the DMV. Washco is going to issue me a new CHL with the same expiry date (2017) so I don't have to apply as a new applicant. When my CHL expires I can then just renew, pretty nice actually.

Good luck on your move! Unfortunately I'm still in Portland but at least I'm in Washco.

ATCSDav likes this.
  13. piboypdx

piboypdx Portland, OR New Member

I just dropped off a new application (Multnohmah County) and they said appointments are all the way to March.. I guess we will see what happens.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  14. pitrow

pitrow Cornelius/Newberg New Member

I renewed mine on Jan 7th in Yamhill Co. It's been expired since August. (whoops) Just walked in first thing in the morning and filled out the paperwork. Had the new card in the mail about a week later. Didn't ask about wait time on new ones.

ATCSDav likes this.
  15. The Nothing

The Nothing PDX Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

uuuuugg... mailed mine in last week.

16. piboypdx

Just got off the phone with MCSO. They are taking about 2 weeks to get emails out for appointments. she said they have 75 waiting to be notified about appointments and i was not one of them.

17. rds801

rds801 Portland Member

I had to to get a Multnomah CHL after moving from Washington County. Went in on Dec 30, 2015 and filled out paper work, got finger printed and pic taken. Didn't need an appointment. I just showed up. They gave me a 45 day temp CHL. Guessing I should see my CHL in the mail soon.

When I moved to Washington County from Yamhill County, I had my WA County CHL same day.

18. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

As far as I know, in the little ol state to the north of ya'll...one county CPL is as good as the next county...as long as you let Dept. of Licensing know your new address, then when it's close to expiring you go to new county sheriff's department.

Brutus Out

ATCSDav likes this.
  19. The Nothing

The Nothing PDX Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Just got my appt. April 5th...

20. piboypdx

I also got my Appt. April 7th