JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Volunteer at local gun range as Range Safety Officer. After classes let out at a nearby University Chinese student roll in in high end automobiles and off load big boxes of ammo and awesome assortment of long guns and the best of optics. In my interaction I have asked many questions. Probably most interesting comments include, "we cannot do this at home unless in the military" or "we can own these here but have to leave them in the States when we go home." Have support for the following. Saudi Arabia sends 20-25,000 students, most grad students, to enroll at American universities. If you talk to one of these and they have spent time in Great Britain they have been trained as missionaries for Islam. They enjoy our gun stores and ranges "freely." Same purchase laws for citizens apply with slower approval, but able to buy guns. State, varies from each State, laws are included in the process and applicant has to purchase a hunting license. Last hoop is to have and provide a Federal alien admission number from Homeland Security and have proof of ninety days consecutively presence in the States. Anyone else traveled to Mexico, Canada, Europe, and especially Middle Eastern countries? I have. No reciprocity when it comes to guns.

I was at a range a while back and there was a group about 2 lanes over from that part of the world. I can't tell you for sure if they were from China or not, but I could tell they weren't taking it seriously. I had taken my Dad to shoot his new .44 and they were making us pretty nervous. Screwing around, posing for pictures with the shotgun they'd rented, just not taking it serious. I have to respect that this is an awesome experience for them and how much we may take it for granted at times, but not really a time for games. I assume the staff would have said something (or me certainly) if they got too out of hand, but I was trying to pay more attention to what I/we were doing than them.

Last Edited:
I lived in Taiwan for two years and I speak Mandarin. Most of the Taiwanese are horrified to find out you own a gun, then immediately are curious and excited about the prospect of getting to see and touch it. I've actually seen grown adults with their hands shaking waiting for their 'turn' to handle one of my pistols. When they are here in the US on business, they always try to make time to come to my home for a day, just to relax and look in my safe.
The Taiwanese are good people. They want to be like us someday.

I hope it does not entice them to stay.... Like the yanks that came down to Florida for a visit & then bought up all the land & developed it....:mad::mad::mad: Tis why I fled the South..

yeah.... Florida has become the land of the blue hairs.... God's waiting room. Hey, you know a New York Jewish wine? "Daad, I want to go to Miamiiiiii"

When I lived in Cody Wyoming, with all the foreign tourists going through, I thought one could make a lot of money just offering to take a couple of them out to the edge of town just shooting steel (there is an informal "range" just outside the city limits, SW of town). I never quite got around to doing it, though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top