JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How completely rediculous!! This keeps many of the poor and lower income earners from owning a weapon for defense, the very people who are routinely preyed upon. If this isn't infringement, I don't understand the meaning of the word!!!

Apparently guns are out running around on the street on there own with no people around even, "It is very important to us to tax guns because we know that guns are the sources of the incredible violence we have in our neighborhoods," said Preckwinkle

Apparently it is not the dirt bags that is the source of the problem. Will these people never learn?

How completely rediculous!! This keeps many of the poor and lower income earners from owning a weapon for defense, the very people who are routinely preyed upon. If this isn't infringement, I don't understand the meaning of the word!!!

Exactly!!

But the pols don't care, they just want to keep guns out of everyone's hands even if it's the ones that really need them.

Remember, it is Chicago's present Mayor that said "never let a crisis go unexploited"

Or as Jimmy Carter said in 1972..."Oh, the people don't think we have an oil crisis, let's give them one" That is where our lovely 55mph national speed limit came from...remember that?

How different is it from the tax stamp? Back in the days $200 was pretty significant (1938 typical family earnings put at $2116 click), so we can be happy that didn't get inflation corrected. Of course for full-autos the 1986 measure didn't help affordability.

So taxing firearms to limit accessiblity has been around for almost 75 years!

How different is it from the tax stamp? Back in the days $200 was pretty significant (1938 typical family earnings put at $2116 click), so we can be happy that didn't get inflation corrected. Of course for full-autos the 1986 measure didn't help affordability.

And that NFA tax stamp was put there for exactly the same reasons...limit access to the "lower class" while not infringing on the privilaged. NYC firearm licensing is the same thing, with more hassle.

Also known a "Jim Crow" laws.

You do know that FDR wanted to put that NFA tax on pistols and revolvers too, but even his congress wasn't that stupid. That $200 back then would be like $2000 today.

It has been a bad idea the whole time. A good revenue source that's all.

You will NEVER keep the firearms out of the hands of the criminals. But you can take more of the firearms out of the hands of the law abiding citizens with more laws, taxes, rules and regulations,

Right now there are people who are going threw very hard times after Hurricane Sandy. I imagine many thousands are having their 2nd Amendment right infringed.
CHL permits are for the privileged and not for the regular law abiding citizen. Those people who haven't got that CHL permission are vulnerable to the criminals right now as we speak. Where are their 2nd Amendment right?

Right..not permission.

Chicago has always had a high homicide rate. If you ask me it's not the guns, it's the police. Apperantly, they need to fire the whole police department for not doing their jobs and leave the back door tactics of "gun control" alone. If it's true that a gun can be bought for as little as $20 as the article states then it's the cops job to stop that.

But I guess these days "law enforcement" and "job performance" doesn't fit in the same sentence......

It is simply another tax. A way to raise revenue. Just like WA state wanted to place a tax on candy. Our government will tax anything and everything they can to support their irresponsible spending.

Remember, it is Chicago's present Mayor that said "never let a crisis go unexploited"

Or as Jimmy Carter said in 1972..."Oh, the people don't think we have an oil crisis, let's give them one" That is where our lovely 55mph national speed limit came from...remember that?

Wrong! It was Richard Nixon who imposed the 55 mph speed limit, along with wage and price controls. I know. I was there. Of course, somehow the wage controls worked very well, but the price controls...not so much.

The USSC has taken a dim view of "taxes" which operate as regulatory burdens on lawful activities. We are now revisiting the decision earlier this year in the Obamacare case, wherein the court said that a "penalty" for not having insurance amounts to a tax, which congress has the right to impose. At the time many of you were upset, and I said that it was important to allow the court to determine whether something is a tax or not, regardless of what the imposing authority calls it. Now, using the same logic the court may very well conclude that this proposal is not essentially a tax, but a penalty on gun ownership, and therefor an unconstitutional infringement on that right. I doubt that the USSC will allow Chicago and Cook County to impose a penalty for owning firearms and call it a tax. Of course, the NRA-ILA will scream bloody murder and run around in small circles waving its arms in panic in order to raise funds from alarmed members. I know this because I'm a member and receive fear-mongering emails from the NRA-ILA almost daily.

Wrong! It was Richard Nixon who imposed the 55 mph speed limit, along with wage and price controls. I know. I was there. Of course, somehow the wage controls worked very well, but the price controls...not so much.

True Carter was voted into office in the 1976 election I know cause it was the first I ever voted in. LAST TIME I EVER VOTED DEMOCRATE.

Apparently guns are out running around on the street on there own with no people around even, "It is very important to us to tax guns because we know that guns are the sources of the incredible violence we have in our neighborhoods," said Preckwinkle

Apparently it is not the dirt bags that is the source of the problem. Will these people never learn?

LOL if that were true then all the murders if not most of them were caused by the guns farting by themselves

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top