JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every time @tac posts about a gun, I'm practically holding my breath waiting for someone to toss out some snarky comment about UK gun laws. :(

Wow, I could link literally THOUSANDS of posts made here that are plenty snarky about American gun laws. Seems kinda universal. You know, gun website and all.

Well from what i can see there they are pretty stupid laws and deserve a snarky comment or two

Wow, I could link literally THOUSANDS of posts made here that are plenty snarky about American gun laws. Seems kinda universal. You know, gun website and all.

I guess my comment flew over your heads.

@tac has posted extensively about UK gun laws, in response to people who were actually curious. But it's damn obvious he's getting tired of people crapping in his threads with side comments about his country, restrictions that were imposed without his input, etc., etc. In fact, it has happened so often that he even started this thread with the comment "As ever, I'll respond to polite questions, but no flaming, 'kay?"

Your comment did not fly over my head. Your more detailed explanation doesn't help me understand your point any better either. If anyone is attacking @tac or anyone else we will deal with that accordingly. But......

To expect the "general population" to not have comments or opinions about yUK gun laws is unreasonable and far fetched. We have more and more laws being implemented here in the states and pretty much ALL of us have negative things to say about them. Tac posting about dramatically stricter gun laws across the pond is certainly going to garner attention and comments. I think we all know he has nothing to do with them being in place and probably most of us feel either lucky we are here or at least a little sorry for him to have to jump through so many hoops.

But this "please don't pick on poor @tac" seems a bit overly sensitive. I'm pretty sure the man can handle himself and the comments that come from our lack of "sympathy" why the yUK feels it necessary to restrict its citizens so heavily. I'm sure he would love some kind if similar "protection" that the 2A gives us here.

That protection we enjoy is dwindling too.

The man does refer to his own country as yUK, so I imagine he can take a little heat here and there.

Mornin', Gentlemen and Ladies. I've had a good sit down and talk to myself whilst taking a well-earned break from pushing daughter around our local town getting her business done.

I've decided that as of now, I'm going to accept that I seem to have been a little thin-skinned about the level of the remarks aimed at me, or some of my posts. I hereby vow to ignore them from now on, having accepted that they are just part and parcel of being a furriner on a US-based forum, where you can, and do, rip each other a new one without seeming to care less - that is to say, within the parameters established by the moderators - the 'be nice to each other' ethos still holds, of course.

This doesn't mean that I'll make free with unpleasant/snide/sarcastic remarks about anybody here, either the person or the politics. I've made sure that over the years I have not noticeably succumbed to either temptation. The fact is that I'll never ever meet 99.99% of you in person, either to shake you by the hand, or to spit in your eye, and your politics are nothing at all to do with me. A very few of your gun laws are odd to me - they are to you, too - but ALL of those I suffer here are just as strange and unfair and incomprehensible to those of us who have to put up with them, or take up another sport. Like Larry Potterfield says at the end of each of his little show and tells - 'that's the way it is'.

So to anybody who feels that I've offended them - my apologies. And remember, too, just how handy that 'ignore' button can be (I've used it just once, BTW).

If I can stay here, then I'll be happy. but if I'm asked to leave because I'm a disturbing influence, then I'll be very sad, but I won't die.

I'm pretty sure the man can handle himself
with charm, dexterity, grace, efficiency and generally opportunity to reconsider truly clumbsy comments from those of us recent passengers recently falling off the potato truck...

I for one appreciate the depth and experience brought to NWFA by such a reliable contributor. One of my all time favor posts anywhere, was a few years back, of the write up tac provided on the Rourkes Drift memorial.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top