JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had this made at a local welding shop from the same tubular steel that is used in trailer hitches. It slides into my receiver (it even has a hole for the pin) and sticks out far enough to allow the tailgate to be opened. There is another hole in the top bar where a bolt with a heavy duty pulley could be mounted. I havent installed the pulley yet, but I was still able to use it for hanging and skinning the deer I shot this morning. Its great to have if you dont have a suitable tree to hang your deer from.

null_zps91ccb374.jpg null_zps2f5da1ac.jpg

Don't see any bullit holes.......saving ammo?:s0152:

The buck was quartering toward me, I hit it just behind the right shoulder which isnt visible in the photo. I couldnt find an exit hole, which is strange because I was using a 30-06 with a 150 grain CorLokt that should have gone all the way thru. The deer dropped in its tracks and died instantly, I think the bullet hit a rib and part of the shoulder bone and just blew up inside the chest cavity.

That's awesome! After schlepping my buck and dealing with finding a decent tree branch and rinsing bark/moss off of it after it was skinned, I determined that I'm going to build something like this as well!

I got some extra ideas that'll make a neat and versatile kit.

Oh yeah.... NICE BUCK!! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR