JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The one with the lighter colored grips I bought from a member here at NWFA, graydog. Ive gotten two super nice guns from him, and he is a heck of a nice guy.

The other one I picked up off the GunBroker. I just went to my FFL today and picked her up. I was telling graydog in a PM that its gonna be hard to give them to my brother when he gets home!! I definately have grown attached. Makes me feel like Indiana Jones when I fondle em, this is the same gun Harrison Ford used in those movies.

I tell ya, there is nothing like old Colt pistols, they just dont make them that nice anymore. Ive also got a 1951 Colt Government that is just a beautiful old warhorse. I think Im addicted!!!--tree

Wow - too nice! I've been wanting a 1917 for a long time. Hard to find ones in good shape (for a decent price).

Sun-- You wouldnt believe the deal I got on the one from graydog, and its a beaut. I was lucky that he didnt advertise it on this site, or else it wouldve probably gotten scooped up before I could get to it.

But the best place Ive found so far for these 1917's is the gunbroker. If you keep your eye on there, good deals come pretty often on them.

Love the 1917s....

jealous of the 1911 as well. I would throw a sprur hamme and short trigger back in it, but the roll marks on those old colts can't be beat!

Yeah, the Colt 1911 is in really good shape. I wanted a good shooter, and it delivers very well. After wichaka put the trigger job and goodies on it, we took it out for a test run at a gravel pit. Wichaka shot first and bullseyed the target. The following 7 rounds were all very near the first. His buddy Jason and I pretty much followed suit, and could cover the pattern mostly with the end of a pop can.

There is nothing better than the old roll marked Colt 1911's, never had or shot a pistol I liked as much.

Just picked up another one for my bro, Smith and Wesson M1917 .45 acp, part of a collection, fired very little and it shows.

There were a few differences between the Colt M1917s and the Smith M1917, but they were basically the same gun. They are awesome!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top