JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am Looking for a cheap deer/elk rifle.

7mm,.30-06,.308,30-30,300wm

30-06 hands down...

ammo is affordable, widely available even in small towns, easy to shoot and terminal ballistics are well proven for larger game like elk and rifles are probably the most available new or used... with scope.

Yeah, it wasn't a question about what caliber to buy, it was one about looking for a cheap rifle to buy. Let's not start up the caliber wars eh?

no caliber war here, the OP asked for considerations and opinions on 4 different calibers that are all suitable for what hes asking.

around 200ish still looking.
"I've got two really nice hunting rifles I'm thinking of selling"
Probably dont fit into my budget heh.

Hello Joe been a long time since I was on , hows the knees ? Hope all is well my friend . I am heading out at 4 am tomorrow for deer hunting , you going this year ? If so stay safe and best of luck my friend .I will let yah know how I do lol

Hello Joe l9ng time since I was on , hows the knees ? Hope all is well my friend . I am heading out at 4 am tomorrow for deer hunting , you going this year ? If so stay safe and best of luck my friend .I will let yah know how I do lol

Knees are better then in a long time! Glad your getting out - Good Luck;).

I'm in for deer and elk this year - got some good folks to go with so I'm pretty optimistic about this year:cool:.

Fall Sale
Check this out, get a rifle with your choice of caliber and scope power.

The Compass is hard to beat for accuracy it's not a rifle that you would show off for its beauty though.
I love my Compass in 5.56, sub MOA at 100yds, but if I was going after Deer and Elk I'd go 308 or 30-06
I took my 6X6 bull with a 270 at around 150yds with one shot. with the load below.
My cartridge of choice is the 270! Flatter shooting than the o6 without the recoil, and lethal with a good Nozler partition bullet
Some good deals on this site (above). check it out!
KGC Search
You can load for deer or with the right bullet go after prairie dog or other varmint.
Great caliber the 270!
Gabby

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.