JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or a Rottweiler because I deal with this daily. In my subdivision we all have one acre lots and my house is close to the rear of my lot and my neighbor behind me has two Rotts that look look like wolf dogs from ****. They 'patrol' my fenceline, bark viciously whenever I am in my yard and appear as if they had the opportunity they would come STRAIGHT FOR ME or my daughter. I have called the sheriff's dept and they told me if I wanted they would send out animal control and they would hang out with me for 15 minutes, follow me around with whatever I am doing and if they deem the animals to be a nuisance they will slap a $250 per dog fine on the owner. I declined that (for now) but about a month ago I came home and saw one of the dogs halfway under my fence digging through. I basically lost my temper and hauled *** down my road turned the corner and cruised up his drive and in no simple terms told the owner he needs to do something NOW as I have been very patient and have put up with this for way too long. Turns out it was digging for a mole as we have them all over but it was on it's way through the fence. These dogs are pushing probably 140 per and are for all intents and purposes present a viable threat and I will not hesitate to dump them if need be and I told the Sheriff that one day and he agreed with me. I think however my message got through to the owner because now whenever he sees me in my yard he call the dogs back away from my fence. I too love animals but i have no regard for obviously dangerous animals, or the owner who will not control them.

Rotties are very active and powerful diggers.. and if left alone without positive things to do.. (play, walks, training, etc) they can destroy any yard, and yes of course dig under a fence. It's the owner, it's always the owner

Have had Rotties for 25 years now and never have they attacked anyone who wasn't breaking into our home (yes that happened once, kid ran so fast when he saw them, he got away unharmed)

It is the duty of any dog owner to keep their dog out of trouble. A chihuahua is just as aggressive as a pit bull in my experience, but the pit roams farther and is capable of much more damage. Pits are fighting dogs and there is something to a breed of dog, take lab to the lake and try to keep it out of the water.

I have 0 issues with any breed of dog my issues are always with the owners that want the dog but not the responibility of ownership. i have met many gentle rotts, and pits in my life these dogs were raised and ttrained with love and care. i have also seen the other side of the coin and had many talks with the owner that swore up and down that the dog was a teddy bear. Bottom line if you want the dog to keep the dog breathing keep it under control. I wouldn't hesitate to drop any dog that is attacking me or mine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top