JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah and how exactly does the school district expel him? He didn't have it on school property and didn't threaten anyone.

If it was my kid, I would punish him then sue the district.

Everybody remembers the bad kid. We knew he was bad 'cause the adults told us so.
Anybody ever wonder why the kid was considered "bad"?
Every time I hear about some poor kid being dealt a hand like this I always think about "the bad kid".
I wonder how many of them were normal kids forced into a situation they wanted nothing to do with because of moron adults?

Indict, site, convict, and emasculate ALL males!

Chastise and extinguish ALL individual thought.

Unborn, First born, Second born....., all productive ages....make one mistake and make him a mistake-maker for life!

Go after em....., full throttle.

Edit: And call ALL pretty girls and beautiful women stupid!

Maybe, just maybe if we taught gun safety at school, we would not have to freak out as much when a 9yo handles a gun. I was nine when my dad introduced me. Never ever an unsafe situation - under my control - with firearms in my entire life.

When I was in 6th grade (2003) I got expelled for having a lighter that looked like a gun, I traded a game boy that didn't work for it. I thought it was so fing cool.

I took it to school and showed a couple friends who also thought it was cool... some pus went and told on me.

I'm sitting at lunch three security gaurds circle me and ask me to grab my stuff and follow them.
At this point I guessed what it was about so I told the security guy I had something to give give him then I pulled it out to hand it to him. --I've never seen a grown man flinch and get so scared over nothing the guy practicality fell over.

The police came and I was questioned for what felt like was all day. Eventually my dad shows up and I get to go home.... but no school for the rest of the year.

-- later my father told me about the weeks of crap he had to deal with, they were trying to say I needed anger management and counseling in order to go to their school. He told them to F off and that I was a normal boy that thought a lighter shaped like a gun was cool and they needed to chill out.

Anyway it was a nice long break and about the only time I had gotten in trouble and my father didn't whoop my azz lol... hope his parents act the same way.

When I was in 6th grade (2003) I got expelled for having a lighter that looked like a gun, I traded a game boy that didn't work for it. I thought it was so fing cool.

I took it to school and showed a couple friends who also thought it was cool... some pus went and told on me.

I'm sitting at lunch three security gaurds circle me and ask me to grab my stuff and follow them.
At this point I guessed what it was about so I told the security guy I had something to give give him then I pulled it out to hand it to him. --I've never seen a grown man flinch and get so scared over nothing the guy practicality fell over.

The police came and I was questioned for what felt like was all day. Eventually my dad shows up and I get to go home.... but no school for the rest of the year.

-- later my father told me about the weeks of crap he had to deal with, they were trying to say I needed anger management and counseling in order to go to their school. He told them to F off and that I was a normal boy that thought a lighter shaped like a gun was cool and they needed to chill out.

Anyway it was a nice long break and about the only time I had gotten in trouble and my father didn't whoop my azz lol... hope his parents act the same way.
your dad did well, you suffered no scars - thanks for sharing

Heard a rumor that today a 'professional' with a certain large PDX area school district handed out to at least one student a gun. A hand sized object which expels foam balls, which from the shape looks like one.

If I heard this, then so did others.

Let's see what might come of it...

Based upon what I heard, this is close to the item (although I was thinking it came from the dollar store)

g?q=tbn:ANd9GcREyyzRqXJCIuIqvluDnSwwqMWS9SOGSa1eG3OYB7pjlWfdJjaEPJFXQrf1hOtGN4jVu2aY6qU&usqp=CAE.jpg

No threatening behavior, shows it to few friends, and takes it home and is expelled? Overstepping the bounds for sure. I would find a different school for him ASAP regardless.

Last Edited:
I find it interesting that this 9 year old kid seems to be living entirely on his own....

"A resource officer arrested the boy who was taken to juvenile detention."...no mention that his parents were even notified...was he even read his rights? could he possibly understand them if he was?

"The boy was charged with second-degree possession of a firearm."
... Again, no mention of parents or a lawyer or any form of legal representation.

"Spokesman Kevin Morrison said the boy was released within an hour."... To who? no parents mentioned, was he just tossed onto the street to hail a cab?

"Although the child is expelled, Morrison said he will be able to return to school."... "Is it just the kid's decision? or if the parents request it?

"However, before that happens Morrison said school officials, staff, the child and teachers will sit down and discuss the incident to make sure "he understands the gravity of what he did."...Really?? can his parents attend the conference too?

I understand that the kid's name is not to be disclosed and that naming his parents or family name could negate that. Simply using, "his family", "his Mom", "his parents", his Dad", heck even his "parole officer"... something, anything, to indicate some form of adult in his life would have been a reasonable inclusion.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top