JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's an additional charge, not the main charge against the guy.

Sounds like he was a little off the deep end anyways.

It's an additional charge, not the main charge against the guy.

Sounds like he was a little off the deep end anyways.

True, but I bet there are some folks with these things in their closet who didn't think they really meant it when they banned them.

It is correct to be concerned. Fishing expedition and broad, nonspecific request was the first things that popped into my head. It was kind of funny when those same complaints showed up later in the article.

True, but I bet there are some folks with these things in their closet who didn't think they really meant it when they banned them.
Ya, but it's not like they are kicking down doors for those that put them away.

It's more likely you'll get red flagged first via something, or plainly get arrested for something bad and reflagged. Then they find your not very well hidden bumpy thingy and tack on more charges.

That's why these red flag laws are kind of crap. Imagine they start red flagging folks for silly things. Like a speeding ticket, or similar.

This guy was clearly a nut case and so probably properly red flagged, if there is such a thing. :confused:

Even so red flag laws just plain suck.

I'm aware of at least one other bump stock arrest, but it was based upon a state statute. It was only a matter of time before the Feds charged someone.

Ah, America circa 2019: where a plastic stock is in the same legal category of a GE Minigun. :rolleyes:

This is where I laughed.

89A0FC24-2F06-46F4-9DE8-1930B7D906A8.jpeg

So, using current laws sounds like the state will get their conviction and due process was not compromised. Bump stocks are still not a machine gun, which are still legal in most states.

I am annoyed that even though no one was hurt they bring up Las Vegas. One of the biggest failures of government to make canceling some of our rights, ok. Rinse & repeat these stories until everyone falls in line.

They say that a bump stock was installed on one of the rifles recovered in Vegas but early reports said that one probably wasn't even fired. Was it ever officially determined whether or not that particular rifle was actually used? ...allegedly?

I bet the stock was the least of that guys problems.:confused:

It's our problem too in the sense that if there is an appeal to attempt to overturn a conviction based on the ATF rule (here we have an Executive branch agency engaging in Legislative branch activity and as frosting, providing no compensation). In an appeal like that, you don't want the defendant to be schizophrenic -- that tends to cloud the analysis because after every logical and Constitutional argument, the rebuttal is: "yeah I get that, but dude is a total nutter -- you want him to have a bump stock???"

Sadly we'll never know the truth on that one and many more secrets....:oops::oops::oops:

The truth about the LV shootings have not come out and most likely will never be told.

Unfortunately, the mass majority of the public (Americans and others overseas.) believe that ! story even though it was changed many times by the local authorities and the Feds.

If you connect the dots, follow the money, follow the MONEY some more, the background and HISTORY of the LV shooter, his business, his travels all over the country and world, his connections, his planes, his properties, his girl friend, his Mid East travels, gun running, etc. - well - most people will realize that ALL of those things point to several things and not just one - lone gun man with or without a bump- stock!

THINK about EH and Fast and Furious now. Did anything ever happen to Holder? Yet, the investigators (LOL) conclude that this ONE MAN with a bump stock did all of this shooting alone and they continue to IGNORE OR HIDE all of those other dots and connections?!

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads