JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend who is a new LEO was discussing with me the options of installing an SBR upper (specifically a 10.5" from DSA) to his issued M16 lower and BCG. Is there any issue with gas tube length, timing, or anything else that would stand in the way of a successful drop in install?

Yup, skydiver's research is correct. A heavy buffer will usually make the 10.5" run fine... BUT... this can depend on ammo choices, use of a suppressor and a few other mysteries of life thrown in to the mix. My 10.5" SBR runs like a top with just going with the heavy buffer but I have only run Federal 5.56mm ammo, I have not used reloads, and I do not yet have a suppressor. A friend of mine does use a suppressor and his 10.5" runs 100% with just a heavy buffer. Your friends results may vary and if so then it's just a matter of trying different combos of springs and buffers and I have seen where some guys go with a pneumatic buffer which are adjustable.

Thats great, the buffer/spring is a pretty simple and inexpensive component to mess with. Thanks for the great info guys. Ill pass this on to him so he can start experimenting.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top