JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry a S&W Shield .40 Cambered with Safety on. When I am training my draw I train to take the safety off during the draw. I have kids in my house and not having the safety on just isn't an option for me.

Which is why I try to train my draw as much as I can.

I use a Alien Gear Cloak 2.0 IWB holster. I really like it.

Having a round chambered is just a good idea, who knows how much time you'll have if you have to draw your gun. I felt uncomfortable at first having a round in the chamber, but you get used to it. Despite what a lot of people seem to believe, guns really don't go off by themselves, and it's pretty difficult for it to discharge if it's in a good holster (which should always be used). I always carry single actions (1911s) with the safety on, and double actions safety off. I prefer IWB to OWB, with the right holster it's just as comfortable, and much easier to conceal even a full size 1911.

"A handgun without a chambered round is just an awkward hammer." (Can't remember the source.)

SigSauer P6. No safety, just a decocker. First shot DA trigger pull a little heavy, but some frequent dry-fire time will adjust one to that.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top