JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry a S&W Shield .40 Cambered with Safety on. When I am training my draw I train to take the safety off during the draw. I have kids in my house and not having the safety on just isn't an option for me.

Which is why I try to train my draw as much as I can.

I use a Alien Gear Cloak 2.0 IWB holster. I really like it.

Having a round chambered is just a good idea, who knows how much time you'll have if you have to draw your gun. I felt uncomfortable at first having a round in the chamber, but you get used to it. Despite what a lot of people seem to believe, guns really don't go off by themselves, and it's pretty difficult for it to discharge if it's in a good holster (which should always be used). I always carry single actions (1911s) with the safety on, and double actions safety off. I prefer IWB to OWB, with the right holster it's just as comfortable, and much easier to conceal even a full size 1911.

"A handgun without a chambered round is just an awkward hammer." (Can't remember the source.)

SigSauer P6. No safety, just a decocker. First shot DA trigger pull a little heavy, but some frequent dry-fire time will adjust one to that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top