JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An unchambered gun is an unloaded gun and an unloaded gun is a paperweight, not a gun.

Studies have shown that you can waste people more efficiently with guns than paperweights, though they're still considering banning paperweights in UK and Australia.

Colt 1911 TALO CCO , I carry chambered and I use my safety. Part of my practice at the range when drawing is dropping the safety as the gun is pulled. My carrying chambered is also allows me one more round.;)
The time it takes to rack would allow a perp to close an addition 5 feet. Google the Weaver Rule... 21 ft....................

An unchambered gun is an unloaded gun and an unloaded gun is a paperweight, not a gun.

Studies have shown that you can waste people more efficiently with guns than paperweights, though they're still considering banning paperweights in UK and Australia.

Not all unloaded guns are paperweights, some unloaded guns are planters image.jpg

But you COULD weight paper with that planter, could you not? Are you in possession of both paper and planter? Constructive intent, buddy. We got you.

I love those Israeli bubblegumers, and they're some hardcore dudes. But they've come up with some stupid bubblegum too, over the years.

another good training excersice is to shoot 1000s of rounds at 21 feet. this will enable you to to judge the maximum distance to disable the threat more accurately.

1911 45, chambered but on half cock. I practice drawing and cocking on a frequent basis and am proficient. Others may carry with the pistol cocked, and that is their way of doing it. I have no beef with it. FN 40 S&W, DA/SA, chambered. DA revolvers, wellll, ya gotta think about that one. I have every hole filled in the cylinder, not cocked. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. No Barney Fifes around here.

Chambered. No safeties.
Full size M&P9 and KahrCM9. When I get to the range I like to shoot the chambered carried round from each before loading range ammo. So far every thing I've carried has gone bang:)

Chambered. No safeties.
Full size M&P9 and KahrCM9. When I get to the range I like to shoot the chambered carried round from each before loading range ammo. So far every thing I've carried has gone bang:)
I cycling them down.. I'm confident every chambered round can survive two chamberings, plus I generally do a soft-chamber off the top of the mag, so's to avoid setback.

But after every round in that mag has been chambered once, the whole thing becomes range fodder

I use the Multinomah county carry method.

When under direct threat of immediate death, I first remove the trigger lock from the pistol. Then I remove the bullet, baggy with my pre-metered gun powder charge and casing from my backpack. Using the single stage portable bullet press I prepare my self defense round (lead free of course). I then use my bullet button to remove my single round high capacity magazine and load the magazine.

Then after shouting 3 direct orders to for the assailant to stop and backing up the required 50 paces, I load the round and fire a warning shot into the air.

When under direct threat of immediate death, I first remove the trigger lock from the pistol. Then I remove the bullet, baggy with my pre-metered gun powder charge and casing from my backpack. Using the single stage portable bullet press I prepare my self defense round (lead free of course). I then use my bullet button to remove my single round high capacity magazine and load the magazine.

Then after shouting 3 direct orders to for the assailant to stop and backing up the required 50 paces, I load the round and fire a warning shot into the air.

So are you going to change your screen name to Barney Fife? :D

Jim this is actually a new product under development by Ares Armor called the 99% Lower. As the ATF has recently stated its all about intent. ( Shoulder=NFA/SBR, No Shoulder unregulated AR pistol) So since its all about intent these are manufactured all the way up to 99% of ready to go, all that needs done is the hammer and trigger pin holes. HOWEVER they are intended to be used as planters, for a crossbow or paperweight and are not intended to be used as firearms so....

I am not kidding either.

i live in marion county but i wish i could like this post x10

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top