JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
shuttlepagecut.jpg
hallenger_30th_Anniversary_Photo_Gallery-0c1d7.jpg
PHO-11Jan27-286141.jpg

shuttlepagecut.jpg

hallenger_30th_Anniversary_Photo_Gallery-0c1d7.jpg

PHO-11Jan27-286141.jpg

I was a junior in High School when this happened. I had been very interested in the shuttle program and I can vividly remember that day and the impact it had on everyone in school. One of those things that you will never forget.

I was watching in school as well. The teachers just stared at the TV a moment and then hurried everyone back to class. I think it was the first moment I will never forget where I was. Kinda like my parents JFK moment of sorts. There obviously have been a few more of those since but I think that was the first. Crazy how fast 30 years goes by huh?

rushed home to see that. i was amazed when i found out that tom brokaw was engaged to the astronaut. he held it together for the rest of the broadcast. it was a sad day indeed

…..I always kind of felt that the teacher ride-a-long received undue attention in this tragedy while the crew sort of got lost in the shuffle.

I agree it definitely boosted the attention level before the explosion, which was probably the only reason we were able to watch during school hours in the first place.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top