JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is bad for non-CHL holders... at least in Washington County (probably others too)

"According to the Oregon Secretary of State, Measure 114 will go into effect at 12:00 AM on December 8, 2022.

On that date, firearm sales by dealers, at gun shows, and private transfers (other than close relative transfers) will stop in Oregon. Gun dealers cannot transfer a firearm after December 8 without the purchaser's valid permit-to-purchase, as defined in section 3 of the measure. If you purchase a firearm before December 8, it must be in your possession before the measure takes effect. The purchase is not finalized if the firearm is not in your possession."

He goes on to say...

"Because the measure effectively stops all gun sales in Oregon, I expect a court challenge occurs before the measure takes effect. At a minimum, I would not be surprised if a federal judge temporarily stayed the measure until a permit process is created or it is determined if the measure violates the Second Amendment. There is a serious question of whether a citizen's inability to purchase a firearm goes directly against the "core" Second Amendment right. The Oregon State Sheriff's Association supports a court challenge to clarify Constitutional questions raised by this measure."

https://www.washingtoncountyor.gov/sheriff/news/statement-sheriff-garrett-measure-114
I guess they are going to be complicit in this abuse.

"Currently, no procedure exists to issue these permits, but the Oregon State Police, the Oregon State Sheriffs' Association, and the Oregon Chiefs of Police are working to create a system."

FFLs should at least try to start accepting lowers. Or order a ton of them to sell. I'd buy a few! I imagine one box full of lowers takes up as much space as full on boxed rifles and pistols.

Had an instant yesterday then decided to make another purchase and got thrown in que.

Did a PPT at MK with someone who was instant then they too made a separate purchase and was instant on that too.

I just cancelled my buy and paid the OSP fee. Really glad this system is INSTANT.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top