JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I admit I'm a little accident prone at times and when a large tree limb fell onto my shops shed roof last summer, I should have listened to the little voice in my head saying " Before you climb up onto that slippery roof, put your boots and gloves on".'

I didn't take into account that the heavy limb had cracked the roof rafters and when I climbed up on the shed roof with the power saw, as the roof suddenly dropped out from underneath me and my left hand plunged through a fiberglass roof panel and then I rolled off the roof down into my neighbors hog wire fence.

Total medical costs for my fingers to be reconstructed was over $18,000 bucks.
3/4 severed tendon in the index and nerve damage to the other.
A year later and I still don't have complete feeling in my middle finger.

7-3-14 finger injury 003.JPG

7-3-14 finger injury 005.JPG

Last Edited:
I admit I'm a little accident prone at times and when a large tree limb fell onto my shops shed roof last summer, I should have listened to the little voice in my head saying " Before you climb up onto that slippery roof, put your boots and gloves on".'

I didn't take into account that the heavy limb had cracked the roof rafters and when I climbed up on the shed roof with the power saw, as the roof suddenly dropped out from underneath me and my left hand plunged through a fiberglass roof panel and then I rolled off the roof down into my neighbors hog wire fence.

No insurance?

High deductible ($10.000.00) to keep the year to year costs down.
I paid into a savings account that offset the yearly increase in insurance premiums
My neighbors home owners kicked in $3,500.00 and I paid cash to all the doctors that were involved and they gratefully cut their bills in half if I paid cash upfront.
The Providence reconstructive hospital room bill I'm only paying their minimum monthly because they wouldn't reduce their bill with a cash out payment.
I went over each and every bill that was submitted to my insurance provider and found multiple errors (all in favor to the doctors/hospital) and it took over three months of dutifully calling their accounts departments and complaining about the errors in charges to me, but I saved myself $8,900.00.

Obama Care at it's finest.
The one overcharge that really ticked me off, was the emergency room telling me to come back the next day for a "Wound Check".
I asked them twice what the charges were for coming back to the ER for a wound check and they stated it would be free.
30 days later, I get a separate bill for the wound check and it's for more then the initial ER visit that included a tetanus shot and stitches.
That took over 6 visits to the hospital accounting department, before they threw in the towel and removed the charges.

Those are from a chain saw?
I would have just been happy to still have a hand.
My brother in law have a nice scar from his arm pit to his elbow
HTF did you do that and keep your fingers?

I was holding the chainsaw in my right hand when the roof collapsed, and it was my left hand that went through the fiberglass roof panel (index finger tendon cut) and then when I rolled off the end of the roof, it was the hog wire fence that ripped open my middle finger and did the nerve damage.
I did manage to hold onto my chainsaw all the way down.
It didn't get a scratch.
I was a remodeling contractor for over thirty years and I always expected to have a serious accident someday while using a table saw or a mitre saw. I never envision the roof dropping out from underneath me.

Lucky for you it wasn't worse. "Chainsaw" Curt cut a good 2/3 to the femur on the right leg and nicked the left pretty deep as well. Limped for over a year. I'm sure nerve damage to fingers is no joke though

I'm a nut about having sharp tools or knives and always sharpen them myself. For years I used the round file but when I discovered the diamond grinder for my Dremel or Foredom tool I fell in love with it. Both my chainsaws cut better than a brand new chain. One thing, NEVER loan out your chainsaw. I'll go cut it for them but have learned a lesson that NO ONE takes care of your chainsaw like yourself.

I was looking at the dremel attachments on amazon. I think that's the way to go.
I bought a new chain for my new saw cause they guy who pawned it put his (or the guy he stole it from:confused:) worse chain on it.
Then I cut down a big elm I've been whittling on and almost ruined it.There was some wire hidden inside.Cutting length wise didn't do it any good either

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top