JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
5 of 50 rounds failed to fire.....buyer beware.

Sportco in Fife, WA had an excellent deal on Blazer 9MM 124 grain FMJ for $10 a box. I purchased a box to see if I would like the 124gr for IPSC over 115gr.

Lucky for me I bought a test box. 5 of the 50 rounds failed to fire in my Springfield XD. The primer was clearly struck. I have not had any failure to fire in the past shooting a lot of different ammo and over a 1000 rounds fired.

Just wanted to put my experience out there so you can judge for yourself.

I emailed Blazer and I must say they have great customer service and interest in the problem. I'm sending them the 5 rounds to research. They said they have no complaints on the lot number I gave them made in March 2010.

I also went back to the range today with my uncleaned XD. My gun performed flawlessly with Speer Lawman and a box of Lellier & Bellot.

I know it's not my gun, it's the ammo (bad primers maybe?)- if I hear anything after they look at the rounds I will post again.

Here is what CCI found or didn't find so I don't know what to think.

"I have received the five misfires and the fired cases and the packaging from the Blazer product. Thank you for shipping them in.

There have not been any prior reports of problems on this lot which was manufactured in March of this year. I next showed the returned rounds to or Engineer. He commented that the firing pin strikes did appear light and also a bit off center.

I did not have a Springfield XD at immediate access so our Ballistic Technician fired all five misfired rounds in a Glock firearm. All fired.

I do apologize for the problem, but cannot assign a cause for the misfires. I have shipped a couple of boxes of our Blazer brass product to your attention. "

CCI does have great customer service and it might just be the aluminum.

I knew a Glock guy would say something. That's why I also included some spent Speer brass when I sent in the rounds. My firng pin dent is always normal on the other rounds I fire. This weeked I shot a 6 stage IPSC match without a problem.

I knew a Glock guy would say something. That's why I also included some spent Speer brass when I sent in the rounds. My firng pin dent is always normal on the other rounds I fire. This weeked I shot a 6 stage IPSC match without a problem.

He commented that the firing pin strikes did appear light and also a bit off center.

That's reason enough for me to at least replace my firing pin spring and check alignment. If they didn't fire in my gun, but fired in another, I'd have mine checked. "Ammo picky" is always a reason to check a gun imho.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top