JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I asked permission to mine lead from the indoor range I shoot at. It smelts down to 84% of the original weight. I understand that a local scrap iron dealer has lead ingots for $.75 / lb, but haven't bought from them. Wheel weights seem to be no longer much of a source, as the industry is moving more into steel and zinc.

Calbag Metals. It's on NW Nicolai. They have tons of scrap lead. Pure lead, 2.5% tin, 6% tin. Some very clean, others not so much. I went on a field trip last tuesday morning before work. Scored 400lbs of typeset alloy. Their hand held analyzer said it was 19% Antimony. Sorry, you'll have to wait for the next batch. The typeset is all gone.

I am not associated with Calbag Metals in any way. Just sharing knowledge.

Calbag Metals. It's on NW Nicolai. They have tons of scrap lead. Pure lead, 2.5% tin, 6% tin. Some very clean, others not so much. I went on a field trip last tuesday morning before work. Scored 400lbs of typeset alloy. Their hand held analyzer said it was 19% Antimony. Sorry, you'll have to wait for the next batch. The typeset is all gone.

I am not associated with Calbag Metals in any way. Just sharing knowledge.
What were the rough prices and minimum amount(s)? The last place I went to with about the best prices around here (years ago) was 500lbs.

What were the rough prices and minimum amount(s)? The last place I went to with about the best prices around here (years ago) was 500lbs.

I met a guy that works at Calbag. When I expressed interest in their lead stockpile, he invited me to the shop for a field trip. The short story is that I left with about 120 lbs of 6% tin. Returned today for 400 lbs of typeset.

I asked him if he would be willing set aside typeset, babbitt, and other odd lead alloys. He said he would. I don't know about minimums. The price changes daily, but is running under $1/lb.

That's a nice heads up reminder as to the utility of one of those test guns.
I've left lie cheaply priced ringing mystery metals galore at the yards because I had no idea the composition.. not that I use the hard stuff much these days.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top